Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Refrigerator MTF2155DRW

No ice new Ice maker

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:22 AM

Serviced a top freezer ice maker.  Old ice maker was making ice but leaking water.   Checked water fill 4 ounces & it shut off.  water leaked out of front of ice maker that was replaced a year ago.    I installed a new I/M shorted the harvest cycle, it filled with water & left.   Called back 3 days later it never harvested ice.   Stuck my finger in mode & mostly water with a little frozen particles.  IR'd surfaces & had 18 degrees.  Ice cream is hard.

Put old ice maker back in & next morning ice bucket was full.   Obviously defective ice maker, has any one seen an ice maker where the heater stays on.   Did not feel any heat coming from heater, that is only thing I can think of why no frozen ice.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,054 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:21 AM

Had to just be a bad one out of the box. Rare but happens. Did you use a genuine FSP replacement or a generic?

http://www.repaircli...mber=MTF2155DRW

#3 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

Purchased it from my local appliance supply house.   Price I paid it must be generic, no name on box.    The supply house purchases from 1st Seville.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,054 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

If it was genuine FSP, it would say it on the box.  Generics will either say nothing or some other brand, like Supco.  

#5 bigbuck

bigbuck

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Red Wine

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

Never used a Generic ice maker any good?

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,054 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

I don't use any generic parts. Ever.  Learned that in rehab.

#7 bigbuck

bigbuck

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Red Wine

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

Yea its bad enough that some of the factory parts are made wrong or there is a recall on this part or that part that can cause a fire or the instruction are wrong on putting part in.When you look at all these service bulletins and all the makes and models that have them it makes you wonder if these so call engineers know what the hell they are doing and sometimes crazy that if we touch this thing and the house burns down you know who they are  going to blame meaning customers.Is me.I may need more than rehab.More like mental hospital . :wallbash:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics