Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool ThinTwin won't drain.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jason36

Jason36

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

I have a Whirlpool Thin Twin Heavy Duty combo washer/dryer. Model # LTE5243DQ3. My washer will run through the cycles till it gets to rinse and spin. Then it just dies. Now it won't drain the water still in there. I know that the lid switch isn't bad because it no longer has one. It was removed about 1 1/2 years ago. Any ideas or suggestions?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

Will it Agitate if turned back to "Wash" ?

YES

When it dies at the Drain Spin cycle, does the Timer Motor continue to run ?

NO ?
re-check those Lid Switch connections

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Jason36

Jason36

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

Will do. Is there a pdf or something like it to show me how to take the lid off so I can check it?

#4 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Folgers

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

With the lid down, pry the top of the washer forward using a stiff putty knife between the top and the washer front panel. Be careful not to apply to much "up" force or you'll break the plastic clips- no big deal if you break 'em though; they're still available and cheap. The clips are one both sides of the top of the front panel; free them one at a time, lift the top, and the lid switch connection is right there on the right.

#5 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

Bypassing the lid switch is ok for short time usage but could be problematical for the timer and motor if left bypassed long term.  Nothing I've read just seen in the field.  For easier access to the lid switch connector remove the middle access panel.  Then remove the two 5/16 screws that fasten the rear clips of the top washer panel.  Pull panel forward and up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics