Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Jason36

Whirlpool ThinTwin won't drain.

5 posts in this topic

I have a Whirlpool Thin Twin Heavy Duty combo washer/dryer. Model # LTE5243DQ3. My washer will run through the cycles till it gets to rinse and spin. Then it just dies. Now it won't drain the water still in there. I know that the lid switch isn't bad because it no longer has one. It was removed about 1 1/2 years ago. Any ideas or suggestions?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Will it Agitate if turned back to "Wash" ?

YES

When it dies at the Drain Spin cycle, does the Timer Motor continue to run ?

NO ?
re-check those Lid Switch connections

Will do. Is there a pdf or something like it to show me how to take the lid off so I can check it?

With the lid down, pry the top of the washer forward using a stiff putty knife between the top and the washer front panel. Be careful not to apply to much "up" force or you'll break the plastic clips- no big deal if you break 'em though; they're still available and cheap. The clips are one both sides of the top of the front panel; free them one at a time, lift the top, and the lid switch connection is right there on the right.

Bypassing the lid switch is ok for short time usage but could be problematical for the timer and motor if left bypassed long term.  Nothing I've read just seen in the field.  For easier access to the lid switch connector remove the middle access panel.  Then remove the two 5/16 screws that fasten the rear clips of the top washer panel.  Pull panel forward and up.