Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlyGuy

Kenmore Series 90 Washer - Lid Safety Switch

5 posts in this topic

Is there a down side to bypassing the switch altogether? (other than the obvious "safety" thing?)

I went ahead and cut off the black wires,  twisted/capped them, and it works fine.

Only other question is.......   what's the clear tube for?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

washer model number ?

No downside except for the safety function of the switch. The hose is an air pressure hose that runs from an air dome on the outer tub up to the water level pressure switch. The switch provides power to the temperature switch and ATC for operating the fill valves when tub is empty, sets the water level based on the user control setting and provides power to the timer and drive motor for the agitation cycle when tub is full.

Eric

I think you're talking about a tiny pressure relief hose that comes out of the older lid switches. I was told that what it was by a Whirlpool instructor years ago because I always wondered myself. He said they realized it wasn't needed and that's why it is no longer used. He might not have known either and could've just been blowing s Ike up my a$$. But either way it has no effect on the operation.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0