Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Thirstytech

Amana ARB9058CW Ice Maker Leaking into Ice Bucket

8 posts in this topic

Amana bottom mount keeps leaking water into left rear corner of ice bucket.  

Verified water pressure at supply line - house is connected to municipal water and has great pressure.

Both water valves have been changed.

It makes ice fine, just keeps dribbling water in the back left corner.

Any suggestions?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Is the coating peeling off of the inside of the ice cube mold? Once the coating comes off they can leak through the material underneath.

Is the coating peeling off of the inside of the ice cube mold? Once the coating comes off they can leak through the material underneath.

Thanks for the tip Brother Bryan!  I will definitely check that out.

No problem. The water in our area is rough on ice makers. I've seen 4 year old refrigerators with the coating peeling off already.

Generally 5 years on the coating. If it's peeling, it is recommended to replace the icemaker anyway. Also check the ice maker water feed tube and the receiving cup on the ice maker for ice buildup.

Thanks for all the tips!  I will post my findings after I go back out on this one.

:pint1:

I pulled the ice maker out today on the refrigerator in question and the finish was indeed flaking/coming off the mold area.

There was no ice build-up in feed cup or supply tube.

I put a new ice maker in this afternoon.  Hopefully that will take care of the leaking into the ice bucket.   

Thanks for all the advice!