Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Duet washer won't run diagnostic tests

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SusieQ

SusieQ

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Family Reunion Assortment

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

Washed a load in my WFW9600TA00 Whirlpool Duet washer. Noticed that items on top of the machine had moved to the back of the machine when I returned to dry the load. When I started the next load the machine powered up normally, door locked, selections entered, then nothing. A few clicks are heard and the time left counts down but no water enters machine. After about six minutes error code F28 appears communication error between CCU and MCU. When pause/cancel is pushed the door unlocks and machine powers off as usual. Tried to run both automatic and manual diagnostic tests but only C:00 comes up on screen and then nothing else happens and pressing button again does not advance to next test. Skip looked for loose wires and found none but our vision is not what it used to be so it's possible we are not spotting it. His voltmeter he had for 40 years cratered so we didnt get to test that way. Left the machine unplugged for thirty minutes to reset CCU, no luck. Looking for a reset method or a way to properly test which part is bad before ordering randomly. Your wisdom is greatly needed and appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,860 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

In this great blog, the Samurai is referencing a post by the amazing Sensei Trying To Help which may, in fact, help you : http://appliantology...t-sport-washer/

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 Oilslinger53

Oilslinger53

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Deschutes black butte anniversary ales (xx- xIV so far)

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

The procedure to diagnose the problem is to check all the connectors to make sure none are loose, then check continuity on all the wires between the ccu and mcu. If all that check out ok the next step is to replace the ccu. If it still doesn't work replace the MCU.

In my experience it is almost always the ccu, except in a few cases where water had leaked on to the mcu.

Shortcut- make sure mcu stays dry. If it does, replace CCU

#4 Oilslinger53

Oilslinger53

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Deschutes black butte anniversary ales (xx- xIV so far)

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

Unfortunately there is no good way of testing these parts short of just visually examining them for burned components.
Even then, more often than not, there is no visible damage.

The fact that it does not go through the test cycles is a good indicator that the problem lies with the ccu.

There is a slight chance that you will have to replace both parts, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that it is just the ccu

Part # W10157913

Part link: http://www.repaircli...0157913/1454652

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,382 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

It does seem to be the theme du jour with these newer generation Duets (with the steam expansion board) of bad CCU's covering a multitude of sins from failing to enter diagnostics to F35 and SUD errors.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics