Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore side by side leaking from filter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Greg_gdc

Greg_gdc

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:08 PM

Hi...I have a kenmore side by side fridge, model 363.50232000 and it is leaking from the filter.  I have replaced the filter and checked all of the washers and it still leaks badly when I try to dispense water.  This fridge has an adapter that plugs into the filter on the bottom and into the fridge on the top and the leak is between the adapter and the filter.  I have taken the filter and adapter to sears and they don't see anything wrong with it.  This is driving me crazy!!  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Greg

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:24 PM

This frig is made by GE,  this might have frozen and has a hair line crack you cannot see and is letting water in....examine it for a hair line crack...if no crack is present someone else will need to help you and offer other suggestions..
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Greg_gdc

Greg_gdc

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:01 PM

Thanks Pegi:

I have looked, but don't see any hairline cracks.  I have also looked in the manual and don't even see the part listed.  Any idea what it is?

Greg

#4 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:24 PM

Hello, my hairline friend. Kindly elaborate on this adapter of this which you speak. This sounds to be an unusual installation that may complicate matters and, at the very least, needs to be understood. Perhaps a photo or two? I am delighted to share this photo of one of my wives, Mohamedella, with three of our 17 children.

Posted Image

Allahu Akbar!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics