Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

maytag dryer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 myk1648

myk1648

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 09:09 AM

maytag co-op dryer no heat.  found burnt wires  that goes into heating element.    cut off about  2" after where it burnt.   put wire nut and tape around the wire nut.  and ck for heat  ok.    But  about 3    months later when i did go back to the same dryer.  same place got burnt again??????   model no  is de19cs.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Fixum

Fixum

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 09:16 AM

ohm out the heater for correct resistance and solder the connection back and use weat shrink tubing:party:Thank God it's Friday
Fix On

#3 myk1648

myk1648

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 11:26 PM

thank a lot .  now i am get some  cold beers.

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:23 PM

This can also be caused by excess heat built up inside of the dryer due to the dryer vent to the outside blocked, not letting full air flow to the outside. The dryer itself could be clogged with lint.  Check your vent system.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics