Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung Refrigerator RFG298HDRS/XAA Freezer Not Cooling

Also located in our download section http://appliantology.org/topic/41523-new-appliance-service-manual-added-samsung-refrigerator-fast-track-manuals-bundle-4-of-5/?hl=rfg29%2A

For future reference When searching in the download section, simply search for the first 4 or 5 digits of the model number you are looking for and you can add a "*" at the end as a wildcard... so when you search for "rfg298*" this updated fast tract as well as the original will come right up. Some other files of interest will come up as well.

• Like 2

... add a "*" at the end as a wildcard...

thanks,

I've always been a fan of the * search

hasn't worked on the other search boxes in the past

also, search using the wildcard symbol (*) is no longer supported on eBay  :wacko:

Yeah, it doesn't work with the dedicated google box since google will not recognize a wildcard when the search string is numeric or alpha-numeric. I would imagine it's because it would pull up so many entries it could tax their system if many poeople are doing it at the same time.

although, searching for

subzero

sub zero

sub-zero

sub

doesn't find all of them that are in the download section

try to search for these that are in the D/L section

Sub Zero 400 Refrigerator Series
Sub Zero 600 Series
Sub-Zero 500 Series
Sub-Zero 700-2 Technical Service Manual
Sub-Zero Refrigerator 200 300 series
Sub-Zero Refrigerator 600 Series

• Team Samurai

although, searching for

subzero

sub zero

sub-zero

sub

doesn't find all of them that are in the download section

This is why i'm so anal about adding good, appropriate tags to each upload.  The advanced search let's you search by tags.  That's a good fall back search... IF the upload info includes tags.  Not all do.  Finding manuals in the Pot Luck Supper is all about search.  Tags help search.  

It's easy to add tags to uploads but few people bother adding them.  I don't know why.  Maybe they don't realize the power of using tags.  

So I go in behind everyone and add tags.   :tinkerbell: 

BTW, the proper way to spell "Sub-Zero" is Sub-Zero, with the hyphen.  When in doubt about how to spell a brand name, go to their website and see how the manufacturer spells it.  That's the way it should be listed here.  Capitalization doesn't matter for search but it is grammatically correct to do so since it is a proper noun.   :blinky:

This unit needs a new ice room fan and freezer sensor; however, I have not been able to find the part numbers. Can you help me with a parts list?

Thanks for the link. I cannot find either part on their diagram. I do see a part number for the evap cover assy which would take care of the fan, but I don't see anything for the freezer sensor. Do you have any idea how to find the correct part number short of contacting Samsung?