Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool WTW57ESVW0. Any wash cycle and nothing happens. Any rinse cycle spins and drains.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thompsona001

thompsona001

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coffee

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Whirlpool top load washer, model no. WTW57ESVW0

Problem: I set timer to any type of wash cycle and nothing happens.  I set the timer to any type of spin cycle and it completes a spin cycle.

Description of Original Problem:  Loaded washer with color clothes, set water temperature to cool (darks), softener added.  Pulled timer out and washer filled with water.  Once water was at proper level it stopped.  Period.

I was able to turn wash cycle to spin and washer drained and spun the clothes until spin cycle finished.

Tried to restart wash cycle from beginning, but nothing happened.  Water didn't start to fill, no sound came from washer.

Actions Taken:

Power OK: I checked power at outlet for 120v with volt meter OK.  Also, Spin cycle still works.

Lid Switch OK:  I raised control panel, disconnected lid switch harness and tested switched for continuity.  Results OK - Lid open = Infinity reading; Lid closed = zero reading.

R&R Water Inlet Valve:  No change washer still doesn't do anything as described above.  I bought part from ebay and was advertised as new in original box.  I assume it is good and water inlet valve is not problem.

Need Help:  Please advise me on what steps I should check now.

Thanks, Art T

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

Open control panel and on the back of the temp switch, remove pressure hose and unplug the two wire harness connectors. Blow into the hose to make sure it's clear. Reconnect everything and try it. If no go, replace temp switch. This is a very high failure item on this washer.

http://www.repaircli...umber=w10177795

Eric

Edited by fairbank56, 08 July 2013 - 03:56 PM.

#3 thompsona001

thompsona001

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

Did as suggested above.  Hose was unobstructed. And have ordered part no W10177795 (W10292584).  Will post results when part is replaced.  Thank you for your help.  Art T.

#4 thompsona001

thompsona001

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

Tried the above suggestion from Sublime Master of Appliantology.  After R&R the Pressure Switch (W10292584 (or W10177795)) it still didn't work.  However, I re-read the above advice and saw a link to http://www.repaircli...umber=w10177795.. 

So I read the instruction again and under "HELPFUL HINTS" it says "If the switch fails make sure the drain hose is positioned at least 42 inches from the finished floor and is discharging into an open stand pipe or laundry tub in order to prevent water from siphoning which can damage the switch.  

The drain hose was positioned properly, so I removed drain hose from the drain pipe and blew hard into it (please no wisecracks) and it seemed clear but I heard gurgling in tube.  So, I ran it through a rinse cycle and drained the water into a bucket.  Then I tried the wash cycle again and it work Okay.

Washer is fixed.  Thanks Sublime Master....  Art T

#5 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

I'm not convinced the problem is solved yet. Clearing the drain hose would  have no direct effect on the temp switch. The reason that siphoning can damage the switch is because the washer would never fill so the temp switch would be powering the water inlet valves continuously which it is not designed to do. It could overheat and possibly damage the electronic circuitry in the switch. I think you may have an intermittent problem.

Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics