Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

washes, tumbles, rinses, drains, but NO final spin.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 DoesKickingItWork

DoesKickingItWork

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:PBR

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Frigidaire Gallery Series GLTF2940 FS2 - front loader

I ran through the diagnostics and got an E43 on the fill and spin (leakage test), and the same error on the drain pump and high speed spin test.  The chart I have says E43 is a door locking problem, but there was no error on the door locking diagnostic.

Any Ideas?  HELP!

A little more detail:  if I set the washer to just do a drain and spin.  The timer says 13 minutes.  It drains and the "no spin" light immediately comes on.  It drains again, and it shuts down.  

Thank you very much for any suggestions.  

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

E4x usually a Door Lock problem

During Spin,

is the Door locked ?

is the Door really locked ?

If so, then un-plug the Power Cord from the Wall Outlet.

Can you then open the Door right away, (bad)

OR only after a few minutes ?

http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1531974

Door-or-Lid-Latch-Assembly-131763202-015

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,378 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:53 AM

Replace the door latch assy like Reg says.  Problem solved.  

#4 DoesKickingItWork

DoesKickingItWork

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

Thanks a million guys!  I ordered the part.  Hopefully the install will be as easy as it appears.

#5 DoesKickingItWork

DoesKickingItWork

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

Sad news...  I replaced the door latch assembly and the problem persists.

As soon as it starts draining after the rinse cycle, the "no spin" light comes on.  When it's done draining, the washer shuts off.  

Any other ideas?

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,378 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

Re-check the wire harness connections on the door latch assembly to make sure they're seated all the way and making good contact with the spades on the latch assembly.  I have seen where one of the terminals on the wire harness loosens up and gets sloppy-fitting over time and is no longer making a good, tight connection with it's mating spade on the door latch assembly.  If you find a loose terminal, use a pair of needle nose pliers to cinch it up a bit.  

#7 DoesKickingItWork

DoesKickingItWork

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

There was nothing glaring on the harness connections.  

The door lock was still engaged after the cycle stopped.  I yanked the power cord, and the door opened immediately.  This would, apparently, suggest the assembly was bad right?  SInce it's a new assembly, I'm thinking it must be a loose connection.

One more thing:  I closed the door and plugged the machine back in.  An 18h error showed up when I did that.  The door was then locked again.  Any insight into that, or was that just because I interrupted the power?

I really appreciate your help with this. 

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,378 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

Seems like a bad door latch assembly.  Did you buy it through the part link above or somewhere else?  

#9 DoesKickingItWork

DoesKickingItWork

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

I bought it through Amazon from Carribean Appliance.  They have good ratings and it sounds like they will replace the part without issue, but what a pain in the neck.  

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,378 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

They sold you either a generic knockoff (did not come in a blue Electrolux bag) or a used door switch.

People give them a good rating because they don't know the difference between new OEM parts and generic knockoffs and don't think it matters. Your experience is one example of why it does matter.

I wouldn't trust any of the parts vendors on Amazon because you don't know what you're getting despite what's written on the product description page. Here's my experience with that: http://ymlp.com/zsTPYA

All the part links on this site are to new, OEM genuine replacement parts and are guaranteed for 1 year.

they will replace the part without issue, but what a pain in the neck.

Precisely. That's why it's false economy to buy generic knock-off parts from vendors on Amazon or Ebay. "Penny-wise and dollar-dumb," and my master taught me. You'll end up fixing it twice and paying in both time and aggra-dollars.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

A warning about buying cheap appliance parts from Amazon or Ebay

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 13 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Like to shop around Amazon or Ebay for cheap stuff, including appliance parts? Did you know that you may be buying either cheap Chinese knock-off parts or used parts? Do these parts come with a one year replacement or refund warranty? No? Hmm... did you know that all parts purchased here at Appliantology.org are new, OEM parts that can be returned for a r...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics