Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Electric range RBS275PDQ16

Door locked

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

Complaint is oven door locked while using oven.   Will not unlock & has never used clean cycle.    They told me that it happened once before when they bought range in 2006.   Repair men came out and 'calibrated' it.

My questions:

• what would trigger the latch motor into locking
  • How can I get it to unlatch (button dance)
  • If I can't get it to electronically unlatch, how would I manually unlock it.
  • May I get a mini manual if it does not have one (already told that there is nothing at rear cabinet.

I have reviewed other posts But found nothing pertaining to this exact model.   I have not talked to client yet, information was passed on to me,  I will see range in morning.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

... Will not unlock & has never used clean cycle. 

... happened once before when they bought range in 2006.

... what would trigger the latch motor into locking

over-heated Oven Controller caused by self-clean
http://appliantology...en-rbs275pdq16/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,716 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

Several things can cause the doors to lock.. Chief among them is the board may think the oven is too hot so it's trying to protect the customer. Failed sensor, bad connection to the board or a bad board. Unplugging the stove for a while and starting and cancelling a self clean cycle after 10 minutes or so can sometimes unlock the doors.

Sensei Reg is correct, this usually happens after a self clean or an aborted self clean cycle.

Check the manual for manual unlocking procedures... many times a good old coat hanger slid in from the left side and hooked on the latch is the easiest way... but again check your manual

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics