Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

dryerman45

MAYTAG WASHER AUTO FILL PROBLEM

7 posts in this topic

Dear Samurai,

I have a Maytag washer model # MVWC6ESWW1, and the customers saying that auto fill is not working right.,that it wont fill with enough water.Please help with any suggestions or possibilities

SAMANERA

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Very common complaint on these newer washers, there's probably nothing wrong with it if it completes the cycle. The question to ask the customer is whether or not the clothes are clean after the cycle, and if they are just perceiving a low water level because they don't understand how laundry can get properly cleaned with such a little amount of water.

Thank yo for the reply,

The customer understands that.Is there a sensor to determine how much water should be in the tub at a given time

Please help,

SAMANERA

,,,  it wont fill with enough water.

can you post a picture of a "fully" loaded washer,

with and without clothes ?

(the washer)  :whistling:

Hi

I went back to this job today and really couldnt find anything wrong.When I asked the elderly couple how they used it ,the older gentleman said that it doesnt fill with enough water.I said to him how do you know this and he said he lifts the lid up after 4-5 minutes and can look at it.He said the only way he could get the washer to work was by dumpin water into it from another source.I think what was happening here is that they use this washer when on vacation and must be used to another type of washer.This is there vacation condo.He said after he adds the water to it it starts to work fine.I ttold him not to lift the lid up and let the washer do its thing.If he has a problem with clothes not getting clean when it is finished to call me.I hope that solved this one

SAMANERA

homeowner instruction manual (confirms the overriding of the low water level requires fooling it with another lid opening after it fills low and agitates)  pdf is at:
http://www.maytag.com/digitalassets/MLPDF/User%20Instructions%20-%20W10330943.pdf
parts pdf is at:
http://www.maytag.com/digitalassets/MLPDF/Repair%20Part%20List%20-%20W10258757.pdf

Edited by William Johnston