Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
krr1101

Ge refrigerator GSH25JSTA SS

7 posts in this topic

I am trying to replace the evaporator fan motor on a GE refrigerator. The motor plug has 6 wires. 4 wires to the fan and two wires to the freezer light. The fan motor is part number WR60X10043. When I order it I get a replacement that has only the 4 wires to the fan motor. The appliance parts people say that WR60X10043 motor has been replaced by one that only requires 4 wires because the sensor is no longer needed. The WR60X10043motor does not have a sensor instead it has a light.

Has Anyone run into this problem? 

post-75450-0-22310000-1373421223_thumb.j

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I am pretty sure that Ge's info is wrong. I have had this problem in the past. If the fan motor has the thermistor, you have to order the fan with the thermistor. Not sure what the part number is right now. I will get it tomorrow.

Just use the old plug. Cut the Plug off the new fan and attach wires color to color. Use bell connectors and fill them with food safe silicon. 

The new part number for your refrigerator is WR60X10185 but has four wires like stated.

Wow that is the part number. Thanks to all for the information!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0