Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Front Load Washer (fills and drains)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 laramy

laramy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Lite

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

Ok,Here we go, I have a GE Front Loader m#WHDVH626FWW, I'm getting code E42, I have replaced the Main Control Board and the Motor so far, go to test mode T-10 & T-11 nothing no tumble no spin, I removed the Inverter to test Ohms on red,white,and blue wires and get 6ohms which tells me that it is good. Everything I've read so far points to all of these 3 parts, so is it new Inverter time or not, I'm fresh out of ideas. Thanks for any enlightenment.

Cheers Larry   :wallbash:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

Sounds like new inverter time, Brother Larry.  Double check all wire connectors at the inverter.  Does unit agitate after fill?

#3 laramy

laramy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

No agitation at all, motor stands still

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,054 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

Motor inverter board, new, OEM part with one year return policy: http://www.repaircli...mber=WHDVH626FW

#5 laramy

laramy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

Sounds like new inverter time, Brother Larry.  Double check all wire connectors at the inverter.  Does unit agitate after fill?

Will do! Thanks for the feedback, where's my Check Book? UGH!

#6 laramy

laramy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

Motor inverter board, new, OEM part with one year return policy: http://www.repaircli...mber=WHDVH626FW

Thank you for the assistance and info, if this doesn't work "I'll Be Back!"

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,054 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

We'd love to hear how to turns out so please let us know!  

#8 laramy

laramy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

We'd love to hear how to turns out so please let us know!  

Ok, although there wasn't much left to replace on this thing given the problem, the award goes to PDuff,, pretty much sum's it up, it was the Inverter after all.  Beer on Me! Oh well the way I look at this is that this machine is pretty much rebuilt for the high dollar stuff, besides the Pump, Pressure switch, Door Lock, H/C fill Solenoids and maybe some odds and ends, hoses and what not, but all that seemed to be ok, so away I go, on to my next task on my Honey Do list, whatever that may be. Thanks to all! Great Forum! :cheers:

Larry

#9 laramy

laramy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

Tip: Even though the Inverter tested good according to every ones white papers, when testing for the 6 ohms on the board and reads as such, the Inverter was still bad, I inspected the Bad one a little further and found an onboard Fuse on the circuit board that looks like it can be replaced without any soldering. I haven't tried to do it cause, well I'm up and running now, but maybe the next person can give it a shot and $ave some bucs.

Good Luck! 

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,054 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:49 AM

Domo for the followup posts, laramy!  And great job on the repair!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics