Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bpg11

Kenmore top loader - 110.28832700 - Seems to drip on the clothes during the spin cycle?

8 posts in this topic

Esteemed appliance masters,

The above appliance is failing in his duties. Making his buddy the dryer work overtime.

All cycles seem to take a normal amount of time.

Spin cycle gets up to speed, stays there for the full cycle time.

Drain hose drains water away.

However it seems to spray water on the clothes at the back at the end of the spin cycle (the clothes at the back are really wet). The tub doesn't fill up over time, just seems to get the clothes wet again while running / completing the spin cycle.

Any usual suspects for this... Timer? Drain hose broken? inlet valve?

It has an extra rinse setting, I will try a load with that turned off.

Many many thanks for any help!!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Bad timer.  Should only refresh load for a few seconds a couple of times during spin.

1 person likes this

I've seen the temperature switches act up on these causing that also. I don't know what it is about them, but I've seem the cause a few unexpected results that you wouldn't think the temp switch would cause.

As PDuff said a would suspect the timer. If that doesn't fix it go for the temp switch

Timer

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Timer/280223/1200182

Temp switch

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Temperature-Control-Switch/8578336/1201579

1 person likes this

The temp switch is a "smart" device with electronics in it but it has no power to it during final spin, other than the intermittent spray function, unless the timer is faulty so I don't see how it could dump water in at the end of the cycle. That said, you can easily rule it out by unplugging it once your in final spin.

Eric

Edited by fairbank56
1 person likes this

I've never had a problem with one of these myself so this isn't first hand experience, but from all the discussions on this forum that have had this exact same problem I would say I can't remember one time of the problem being the timer. 

Seems to always be a problem with the auto-load size/temp control switch, seems to be high failure rate part.

auto load sensor problem

This washer does not have the auto load sensing switch. Even ones that do, there is no power to them during spin except for the spray function.

Eric

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0