Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

buzz

kenmore dryer not starting

5 posts in this topic

I have a Kenmore model 110.97292800.  It is probably 10 or so years old.  Here are the symptoms.  If you hold the start button and rotate the timer it will sometimes start.  You can then let go of the start button and it will continue to run.  At first it would not start on the auto dry or start and run for a while and stop.  So we started using the timed dry.  Then we needed to use the hold the start button, rotate the timer back and forth until it started and then while holding the start button move the timer to the desired amount of time.  Now that won’t work but it will start on air dry.  Even if it won’t start I can hear the timer clicking and the timer dial will automatically count down and eventually shut off… all without starting the dryer.  Any ideas?   Thank you.

sorry,  I forgot.  It is a gas dryer.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You could have a motor going bad, but is sounds more like you have burnt contacts inside of your timer. 

Your timer is finished. Replace it soon or you will need the motor replaced. Bad timer contacts pass low voltage to the motor. Running a motor on low voltage is one of the quickest ways to ruin a motor. The timer is an easy job, but the motor may be too much of a project for a novice.

Good luck.

Nick 

Thank you both,  I replaced the timer and it started right up.  Again, thank you.

You are most welcome.  Thank you for posting your results.  Pegi