Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung DV218AEW Hits 1 Minute and Keeps Going

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cstrasba

cstrasba

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

I have seen similar posts on the forum about this 1 minute problem but I have never figured out what was the solution.  I have had the Samsung DV218AEW for five years now. After two years the sensor dry no longer worked so we switched to time dryer. A month ago it would go through the whole cycle and go to 1 minute but never stop.  It doesn't have the marching ants so I ruled that problem out. Saw that the main board was the problem so I ordered the part from Samsung's preferred parts store so I wouldn't get one of the older faulty parts (sorry guys but I didn't know about you guys yet).  Installed it easily today and ran a test cycle...that never stopped.  It always gets to 1 minute and stays that way.  

Should I return the part and try again?  Could the wiring be the problem? Since I didn't know the final solution I didn't know if it is crazy to keep returning the same part over and over.  Thanks for your wisdom.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

How's the Vent system ?

Have you tried an empty load with the Vent disconnected ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 cstrasba

cstrasba

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

I just finished trying that great idea and unfortunately it got to a minute and would not stop.  Another idea?  Thanks again.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,442 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:20 AM

Your problem description is different from the one in the Samsung service bulletin:

In sensor dry cycle, the timer counts down to 6 minutes then adds 1:06 on the display.

Which means the solution in the bulletin, replacing the main PCB, does not apply in your case.  

Return the board for a refund.

Put the unit into diagnostic mode and use the Fast Track manual to troubleshoot:  http://appliantology...al-dv203-dv337/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics