Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Duet F06 code

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 soonergrl

soonergrl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:vodka

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

My front loader is psychotic. It had issues a couple of years ago and resolved itself. Then this past spring it straight up quit. Hubby wiggled some wires and it started working again. Yesterday, it started throwing a fit out of the blue.

I was running a very small load when it suddenly started throwing an F06 code. I'd hit the pause/cancel button only once as if I were adding an item, then restart the machine. It would continue for another five minutes or so and do it again and again and again until the wash cycle was complete. There are no grinding noises when the machine runs at normal speed. The wash basket did seem to bounce quite a bit when the soaked t-shirts tumbled from the side to the bottom.

I then put in a regular sized load and it ran for the first ten minutes of the 40 minute cycle, then began again with the F06 codes. The machine and I played the same game until it reached the final spin cycle and finished on its own. When it goes into high speed, there is a bit of clicking at the beginning but then smooths out.

Before I did a load of laundry today, I tugged on the wash basket. It pulls forward a bit. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be movement or not and that's the culprit. I proceeded to stuff the sucker full of beach towels today just to give it another test. Not a single error code.

So... any guess as to the cause? Has my machine become accustomed to large loads and doesn't like it when I throw in just a few items? Is the problem possibly a broken shock? Bad bearing? My machine is almost eight years old so I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before it complete dies.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

Model Number

"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

"Occam's RAZOR 'the simplest answer is most often correct'"

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

... My front loader is psychotic.

... So... any guess as to the cause?

the psychic network is off-line today
model number ? :whistling:

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

Older duet F06 Error Codes
motor or tachometer error

The control is unable to properly detect motor speed and the machine will shut down. If a failure occurs during high-speed spin, the door will be unlocked after three minutes.
Possible Causes / Procedure
1. Verify the shipping system including shipping bolts,spacers and cables are removed.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check wire harness connections between the drivemotor and the Motor Control Unit (MCU), and between the MCU and the Central Control Unit (CCU).
4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drivemotor.
6. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.

"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

"Occam's RAZOR 'the simplest answer is most often correct'"

#5 soonergrl

soonergrl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:vodka

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Had to wait until the load was done to get the model number.

Model: GHW9300PW4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics