Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

KUIC18PNTS0 Clean light on, dumps water

kuic18 no ice fills and drains empties troph dumps water clean light on clean light red

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 wobiii

wobiii

Ikkō-ikki

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud light

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

I have seen this problem a couple times but have never seen a fix for it. What happens is on power up the ice machine runs through the rinse cycle and then goes into ice production mode. . . for a few seconds, then drains the water from the troph. I've seen them with bad wiring connections at the troph sensor and low freon levels as well that I suspected. A buddy of mine says that he had one do this after taking the hoses loose off of the drain pump and then not getting it back on correctly. Can anyone explain what is going on to make the water empty out a few seconds into the ice production mode?

This last one that i'm fighting with has a full evap frost and no water in the troph when I got there and the clean/reset indicator light was red but i'm not sure what that really means. Is that light a timed light or an error light? The tech sheet was missing so I didn't put it into diag since I couldn't interpret the results other than the obvious pump running, fan running, "smart" valve letting water in (I won't use the word working here), compressor running. . .

“A man is most accurately judged by how he treats those who are not in a position either to retaliate or to reciprocate.”

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:56 AM

Repair Part List - W10128501
Wiring Sheet - 2324311

http://appliantology...er-kuic18pnts0/

service manual

http://appliantology...5-18-icemakers/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 wobiii

wobiii

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

Thank you for those. I still don't see an answer about the clean light coming on red even after the units have been  cleaned. Does anyone know if it's a generic long run failure code or something generated by the evap thermistor? Or is it just a timed dummy light? What makes the lights come on green, yellow, then finally red?

“A man is most accurately judged by how he treats those who are not in a position either to retaliate or to reciprocate.”

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,246 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

There's a service bulletin out that sounds like it may apply to your problem with this machine:  http://appliantology...ice-production/

Water reservoir thermistor: http://www.repaircli...ber=KUIC18PNTS0

Sensor-W10548509-01595678.jpg

#5 wobiii

wobiii

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

Thank  you kind master, but I have replaced the pump assembly that comes with the new water sensor and still have had no ice. I went back last week and disconnected the water sensor and have not heard back from the customer about this. I will keep you updated if I hear from them again. These are the type of people that will call a couple weeks later and tell you that it's still not working.

#6 wobiii

wobiii

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:27 PM

Went back and unplugged the water sensor and it seemed like it was going to run without dumping. . . . but then yep, called back. Still won't work. I'm thinking there is a freon leak now. Not really seeing anything else.

#7 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

All indications point to the water level sensor.  I wonder if the evaporator thermistor is acting up.  Are you able to initiate the diagnostic mode?

#8 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

Also check the pin connectors on both sides, both sensor and pump. Very prone to corrosion problems.
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#9 wobiii

wobiii

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

Yes I did run it through diag and everything said it was ok, The water sensor was changed with the pump and the connection didn't look bad. I've seen the bad ones that require new wiring harnesses with the green and the slime all over them so know what that looks like. Whenever I deal with these sensor connections I add a little dielectric grease to them to try to ensure a good contact and protect the terminals. I'm thinking it's got to be a sensor or freon issue from what I can tell. I think I've seen them before that have done similar that had freon leaks. I just don't understand the inputs that the machine is taking when that would cause it. I think I disconnected the evap thermistor but not sure at the moment. The evap never really forms any ice but may not have time and this thing is outside in the 90 deg heat and is being fed pretty warm water so it's kinda hard to tell and to deal with in August. Just keep thinking it worked before so should work again. It's been driving me nuts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics