Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Gas Dryer pilot supply tube

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 starpal

starpal

Ikkō-ikki

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

Hello,  I have a Speed Queen Dryer Model # 147F from about 1971 which had been working well until the white metal supply tube to the pilot began to leak where it was corroded. It looks like 1/8" with a compression fitting on each end. Is there a replacement part ???  I can't seem to find it. It looks like a length of maybe 30" of tubing was coiled inside the burner compartment and the ends were bent to make the connections. I'd love to get this dryer going again.

Thanks very much!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 NCARepair

NCARepair

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

Just use the appropriate aluminum tubing and fittings. That should do it. Some parts suppliers carry lengths of bulk tubing.

#3 starpal

starpal

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

Thanks for this comment. I have 1/8" and 1/4" tubing and compression nuts locally, but the size of the fitting is between these two, I am assuming 3/16" in an old Speed Queen dryer. Any suggestions where I can find a small amount of the proper tubing and nuts/ferrules compatible with natural gas? Thank you!

Edited by starpal, 30 July 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#4 NCARepair

NCARepair

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

Can you post a picture of the pilot assembly? That may give us some direction as to what may be a good substitute.

#5 starpal

starpal

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

Thanks, here is the best photo I have - It shows the gas valve end fitting (the dryer is out of town at my inlaw's house.)

I also attached a drawing from the manual which clearly shows the compression nut by the pilot adjusting screw and the other end by the pilot burner. Both fittings are the same. The photo was taken with the tubing and nut removed. Must be 3/16" because its smaller than 1/4 and larger than 1/8.

I suspect the corroded tubing I removed was a replacement because it was a coil of about 30" of tubing bent at the ends to make the connections, not a neatly formed section like the drawing.

IyKLh9u.jpgOsWruE1.jpg

Edited by starpal, 01 August 2013 - 12:01 PM.

#6 NCARepair

NCARepair

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

Robertshaw makes a kit that has five feet of 3/16 tubing plus some fittings. The part number is 11-292. Marcone subs it out but they show 0 inventory. Hunt it down,youll find it.

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

11-292

5' sections of 3/16'

http://www.amresuppl...ING-3-16-inchX5

http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=387870

picUnavailable175.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics