Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
starpal

Gas Dryer pilot supply tube

7 posts in this topic

Hello,  I have a Speed Queen Dryer Model # 147F from about 1971 which had been working well until the white metal supply tube to the pilot began to leak where it was corroded. It looks like 1/8" with a compression fitting on each end. Is there a replacement part ???  I can't seem to find it. It looks like a length of maybe 30" of tubing was coiled inside the burner compartment and the ends were bent to make the connections. I'd love to get this dryer going again.

Thanks very much!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Just use the appropriate aluminum tubing and fittings. That should do it. Some parts suppliers carry lengths of bulk tubing.

Thanks for this comment. I have 1/8" and 1/4" tubing and compression nuts locally, but the size of the fitting is between these two, I am assuming 3/16" in an old Speed Queen dryer. Any suggestions where I can find a small amount of the proper tubing and nuts/ferrules compatible with natural gas? Thank you!

Edited by starpal

Can you post a picture of the pilot assembly? That may give us some direction as to what may be a good substitute.

Thanks, here is the best photo I have - It shows the gas valve end fitting (the dryer is out of town at my inlaw's house.)

I also attached a drawing from the manual which clearly shows the compression nut by the pilot adjusting screw and the other end by the pilot burner. Both fittings are the same. The photo was taken with the tubing and nut removed. Must be 3/16" because its smaller than 1/4 and larger than 1/8.

I suspect the corroded tubing I removed was a replacement because it was a coil of about 30" of tubing bent at the ends to make the connections, not a neatly formed section like the drawing.

IyKLh9u.jpgOsWruE1.jpg

Edited by starpal

Robertshaw makes a kit that has five feet of 3/16 tubing plus some fittings. The part number is 11-292. Marcone subs it out but they show 0 inventory. Hunt it down,youll find it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0