Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung washer does not always fully drain.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 blaze_125

blaze_125

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Boreal

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

Washing machine: Samsung WF203ANS/XAC
The washing machine will not always fully drain.

I have confirmed the drain pump works.
I pulled it out of the machine, rigged a power cord and connected it directly to the wall.  The pump works continuously until I disconnect it.

I have confirmed nothing is clogging the drain line.  From the bottom of the barrel all the way to the tip of the dump tube.

To trigger drainage I just have to manually put the machine on the "spin" mode.  Usually, when I select spin, it will trigger the drain pump, drain all the water out and then start spinning.

Currently, when I select spin:
a) the drain pump does turn ON at all.

B) the drain pump will kick ON and start draining
b.1) It drains for a second, or a few seconds, and then stops with water still remaining in the machine.
b.2) It completely drains, and moves on to spin.

75% of the time I have situation "a)". 10% of the time I have situation "b.1)", and 5% of the time I get situation "b.2)".  Those are, obviously, rough estimates.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,382 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

I have confirmed nothing is clogging the drain line.  From the bottom of the barrel all the way to the tip of the dump tube.

How did you confirm this?  Samsung washer drain pumps are famous for catching quarters (Washingtons, probably Maples, too) causing intermittent drain problems.  

If you're sure the drain tube and hose are clear, then the drain pump is intermittently failing under load.  This is not uncommon, either.  

Drain pump part link:  http://www.repaircli...Number=WF203ANS

Drain-Pump-DC96-01414A-00784453.jpg

#3 blaze_125

blaze_125

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Boreal

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

How did you confirm this?  Samsung washer drain pumps are famous for catching quarters.

Took the rubber hose attached to the bottom of the drum and cleaned it.

Took the dump line and ran a marble through it.  Dropped it in from the top, recovered it from the bottom of the line(where it would have connected to the drain pump.

I'm leaning towards a bad or faulty control board.

behind_the_buttons.jpg

#4 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

If there is a plastic connector between the drain boot that comes off the bottom of the tub and another hose that runs to the pump then dropping the marble thru is not a sufficient test.

Looking at the diagrams I don't see this intermediate plastic connector between the pump and the drain boot so you may need a new pump.

If it does have the plastic elbow connector between the drain boot and another hose that runs to the pump remove the plastic connector and check for a quarter stuck at the elbow, (it works like a flapper valve and will open and close - dropping a marble thru would most likely flip the quarter sideways and let the marble thru like there isn't an obstruction).

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics