Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch / Siemens UltraSense plus Electric Dryer, Model WTXD8300US

noise when it is going around belt?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

Can't see the image either.  I think there are screws near the bottom of the front panel on the side.  The piece could be the bracket that the screw secures to.  Those Bosch front panels are a bear.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 tatefamily1@gmail.com

tatefamily1@gmail.com

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed dark

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

looks like a spacer of some kind?

#23 tatefamily1@gmail.com

tatefamily1@gmail.com

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

Found two screws, on the very bottom 'side' of the front panel, and those came out, but I think Spannerwrench is right that there is an additional screw from the housing that keeps the panel on tight from the front -- looks like we didn['t have to deal with getting the panel all the way off, just by wiggling it all around, I think the problem fell out.  Man oh man will we be checking pockets for CHANGE!  The technical manual does say, for almost everything, take the back off, I think next time I'll drag the thing out and just do that, probably worth the trouble just for access.  I posted another picture of the spare piece that fell off, can you guys see it now?

#24 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

....  I posted another picture of the spare piece that fell off, can you guys see it now?

wasn't a valid link

(not the right url format)

does it appear when you click on it ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#25 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

I see you're not wearing any safety gloves while working on it. If you do venture into diassambling the unit from the rear, wear some gloves. These German brands have a partnership with Gillette and my hands and arms are have plenty of scars to prove it.

You seem to be doing well so far disassembling it. If you do take it apart from the rear, record it, and follow the instructions in the manual. But, by doing so, you'll be able to vacuum out the accumulated lint inside and also get a better understanding of the innards of your appliance. If you have already gotten the front back on and the noise has stopped I wouldn't worry about it.

The picture is still not showing up.

PS. I once got a $300.00 tip from a customer because I found her Engagement Ring in a Bosch Dryer. Also one time I found about $200.00 in change, mostly quarters, in the bottom of a Whirlpool Dryer that had almost no felt on the rear of the drum. It had such much change in it that the Thermal Cutout blew from no air flow. I don't know how none had gotten into the motor because it was about 3-4 inches in the bottom.

Things happen sometimes.
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#26 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

I had a regular customer of mine the other day call for her Electrolux Washer not draining, I've worked on all of her kitchen appliances in the past, just not the laundry. The washer and dryer were installed under a countertop and the connections for the washer were behind the dryer with a divider wall in between them. I already knew there was something in the coin trap or drain pump from the sound so I quoted her before I pulled both out to get to the washer. I told her it's usually underwires, thongs, change or golf tees I find in them. She say, my husband plays golf and he also never cleans his pockets out. Once I finally get the unit uninstalled, the water out and have managed get to the coin trap from the little 3"x5" hole at the bottom, I find it full of nothing but the tags off of new women's clothing. She laughed and kindly reminded me who calls me for service on her appliances.
The invoice simply stated "Removed washer and dryer from installation, drained washer manually, disconnected all hoses and drain pump and cleaned FOREIGN DEBRIS out of the coin trap and hose, reassembled the washer and reinstalled both units, ran the diagnostic test cycle on unit, checked overall operation, OK."
You always have to keep the Women of the house happy.😜
"Suds are not good"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#27 tatefamily1@gmail.com

tatefamily1@gmail.com

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

Little piece:

Yes I am sitting in a laundry basket :blush:

Your stories are so funny.  :laugh:   Same thing with dishwashers, right?  Don't let debris get in there.  Learned that the hard way also.  You don't live anywhere near Asheville, do you, and we could just hire you to fix it? 

We still hear the sound, only less so, sounds a little like tiny pieces of gravely dirt.  Has rained like heck here for weeks, lots of mud traveling around on feet, clothes.  We can see the wear on the drum, on the lip. 

We can try wiggling the dryer front around some more, but am thinking it might be wise at this time to go ahead and pull it out, and switch positions with the washer.  You see, the elec. washer is now right next to the gas hot water heater, open flame at bottom, can't be good, right?  The dryer duct would actually work better, I suspect, if we did this.  It's the way it is now, because of the way the doors open, maybe it's time to trade inconvenience for safety :blink:  

If we went ahead and did that, we could pull the back off and have a proper look.  If we don't, we'll eventually ruin the felt and need that whole new piece, most likely?  Which is out of stock and takes a while, anyway.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

#28 tatefamily1@gmail.com

tatefamily1@gmail.com

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

We are swapping the washer/dryer positions now.  Fun.  Mice liked it a lot under the washer.

Going to take back of dryer.  Any tips/suggestions once we get the front off?  I guess we're just looking for debris inside the felt area?  (Gloves suggestion was great, THANK YOU, I found some heavy duty ones that go up the arm).

#29 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,373 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:42 AM

Question for samurai or one of his minions

Small correction: Samurai's are warriors and do not have minions.  Minions are for fluffy, useless nobility-types.  Samurai's have brothers-at-arms, or as we say here at Appliantology, Brethren in The Craft.  

#30 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,373 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

Post a video showing where you're at in the disassembly process and maybe can talk you in from there. 

#31 tatefamily1@gmail.com

tatefamily1@gmail.com

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hi!  Washer was partially disassembled, reassumbled, and now power comes on, there was a click at the electrical part at the top/rear, but no go.  Drum doesn't budge, nothing comes on.  Anything you can think off the top of your head we can check?  Hate to give up now, but totally stuck (we DID get the debris out of the felt in the front where it was rubbing on the drum making the horrible noise).  Please help!   :wacko:

#32 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:17 AM

There is a broken belt door switch just behind the motor that will need to be reset if you took e belt off. This will cause the symptoms you're describing.
"Suds are not good"

#33 tatefamily1@gmail.com

tatefamily1@gmail.com

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:49 AM

We found the reset switch, it seemed to not help. Hmmmm I don't *think* we broke anything electrical, we were careful, but who knows. Checked the electrical connections which seemed to be tight. Would the elec diagrams or diagnostic programs in the tech manuals be of any help? I did disconnect the elec connectors at the back (thatlittle brass screws go into), and a few other little screws in that area, when taking the back off, I wonder if I put anything back on incorrectly or on some other way hampered the elec. Am posting a video. Repair person can't come until next week. Would rather keep topping up the beer fund! Thank you again for guidance!

#34 tatefamily1@gmail.com

tatefamily1@gmail.com

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

Here is a YouTube of my Bosch/Siemens dryer current state!  I have overcome my moment of weeping despair over my disrepair (it worked before I messed with it, oh no!) and am ready to figure out this last glitch.  THANK YOU! :blush:

Also checked that the door pin is pushing in the switch, it does seem to be.

#35 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

Your video is set to private?

Edited by Spannerwrench, 23 July 2013 - 09:39 AM.

"Suds are not good"

#36 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

You seem to be doing well so far disassembling it. If you do take it apart from the rear, record it, and follow the instructions in the manual. But, by doing so, you'll be able to vacuum out the accumulated lint inside and also get a better understanding of the innards of your appliance. If you have already gotten the front back on and the noise has stopped I wouldn't worry about it.

Did you record the disassembly and reassembly process?
It looks like it worked after you reassembled the front? So that eliminates the door switch, something is either not connected properly or not connected.
"Suds are not good"

#37 tatefamily1@gmail.com

tatefamily1@gmail.com

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

I did keep track ... will go back over all we did and compare to the diagrams in the tech manual.  Sob!

I wouldn't have shorted something out inadvertently, would I?  It clicked twice at first (near front elec stuff, and then back elec stuff), after turning it back on, now does not click at all.  Something happened when I turned it back on.  Click in the front, click click in the back (it was communicating), now nothing.

#38 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

I'd like to see the video you posted, you need to change the settings from private to public first.
"Suds are not good"

#39 tatefamily1@gmail.com

tatefamily1@gmail.com

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

Oh sorry, will do that! 

#40 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

Don't cry...😄
When you say you reset the switch, where was that switch? On the heater or on the base down by the motor

If you pushed the little red button on the heater that affects the heat, wrong one. Looks like this.
Attached File  image.jpg   197.75KB   0 downloads

The belt reset is down by the motor, you have to disassemble the rear again. It's very common that this gets overlooked. I've forgot to reset it plenty of times until I try to run the diagnostic test after I fix it, which I always do!
Looks like this.
Attached File  image.jpg   253.06KB   0 downloads
"Suds are not good"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics