Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Profile PDS22SBSLSS noisy fan/warm top and bottom

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BMDUBS

BMDUBS

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

Got home today to find that my GE Profile bottom frezzer fridge P/N:PDS22SBSLSS was making a noise from the middle of the back that sounds like a bad fan. As I have had the circuit board replaced last year, i decided to unplug it. When plugged back in the compressor started and the fan noise returned and stayed constant with out shutting off.

It seems like the noise is coming from higher than I can get to from the lower access panel. The fridge temp is 57 and freezer is 27 now condensing. Can anyone tell me what fan this is and whether this fan is the sole culprit here for both my compartments to warm up?

Also how does one gain acces to components higher up in the refrigerator on this unit?

TIA

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 BMDUBS

BMDUBS

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

I got into test mode and ran the manual defrost and I got 3-4 cups of water out. When the fridge reset, I heard the compressor come on and the fridge sounded normal. I am assuming there may have been some ice that the evaporator fan was rubbing on causing the noise? I will wait and see what happens to the temps as they are still around 57/27

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

...PDS22SBSLSS

check that model number again ?

PDS22SBSLS
PDS22SBSALSS
PDS22SBSCLSS
PDS22SBSDLSS
PDS22SBSBLSS
PDS22SFSDLSS
PDS22SFSALSS
PFS22SBSDSS
PDS22SFSCLSS
PDS20SBSDLSS
PDS22SISDLSS

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,718 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:33 AM

Hello?.... You two, yeah you Bmduds and Sensei Reg, sir (respectfully)

You guys just got to have a long talk and hash this thing out. Nevermind, you already did: :whistling:
http://appliantology...?hl=pds22sbslss

Ginko Bilbo.. uh... Grecko biloba.. no... Rocky Balboa? Damn! I forgot what you call that stuff and if I can ever remember where I put my bottle, I could tell you. Anyhow what I'm trying to ask is "memory pill, anyone?" Now what was I talking about again? oh yeah, it's a good model number http://products.geap...Sku=PDS22SBSLSS

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#5 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

Could be a bad damper motor which is located in the base of the multi-duct on the back wall of the refrigerator section.  Should be able to access by removing the shelves and center mounting track.  Might be able to defrost and reassemble.  Could still have a problem with the evaporator fan motor since the temperatures in both sections are not as cold as they should be.  Life's Good!

#6 BMDUBS

BMDUBS

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Durhanm, not too sure what you are getting at? If it is that you think I should have added to my original post for a different problem then my bad. I elected to start a new thread as the problem is totally different then I experienced before.

Needless to say, since I have done the service mode defrost, all seems to be fine today so i will keep an eye on it...

#7 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,718 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:23 AM

I just found it humorous that

1. You wanted information regarding evap fan access... yet Reg posted a diagram of your model in the previous thread which showed evap fan access

2 Reg questioned the accuracy of the model number ... yet Reg posted a diagram of your model in the previoud thread which showed evap fan access.

Although, I wasn't specifically stating it, if you had added to or even referenced your previous thread:
1) it would have eliminated any confusion.

2) Prevented repeat questions and/or answers

3) Significantly reduced the research time of masters wanting to help (contrary to popular belief we don't remember all of the countless models and variations in order to answer your question. Many times we have look up a diagram in one place, search for a manual, interpret it then do research for real world resolutions) and more importantly

4) Prevented me from having the extremely rare opportunity to poke fun at one of the greatest appliance master in the known universe. Every once in a while I like to tug on Superman's cape.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics