Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Elite Trio 596.76502500 Compressor not pumping

Tecumseh Brazil

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OaklandBob

OaklandBob

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

Hi All - We have this unit purchased in 2005 that had the evaporator fan replaced long ago and an unresponsive Advanced Temperature Control that has been stuck on Freezer 0 and refer 40 for a couple of years but running fine otherwise with no problems. 2 days ago I noticed that the freezer temp was 11 degrees, the refer 42 and watched the temps climb over time.  Removed the contents and called the Independent repair guy we use.  He came out and found that although the compressor was running it was not pumping refrigerant.  He exposed the evaporator and found no leaks. His diagnosis was compressor internal failure and while it was running there was no hot output, cold return or noise coming from inside.  The compressor is a Tecumseh TPG1370YXA labelled Brazil.  I have read that there have been a lot of failures with these units and am wondering if this type of failure is one of them and if it could possibly be another problem that the repairman missed although a number of my neighbors have used him with absolutely no complaints.  Thanks, Bob

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

Brother Bob, was there any frost on the evaporator, excessive or otherwise?

#3 OaklandBob

OaklandBob

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

None:  I pulled the plug on the unit Weds afternoon.  Thurs AM I rolled it out and removed the back cover exposing the compressor and there was no water in the drip tray.  The serviceman plugged it in and after 5-10 minutes nothing showed at all: suction and discharge were the same temperature ( by touch).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics