Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG WT4801CW making loud noise.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Johnston

Chris Johnston

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Natty Light

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:30 PM

I have a LG WT4801CW that I purchased back in November of 2011. It has been a great washer up to now, and always very quiet running. A week or so ago, my wife was doing laundry and it started making a loud noise. I checked the level and made sure the load wasn't unbalanced. I slightly adjusted one of the back feet, but there was no wobble prior to the adjustment anyhow. The noise went away, or at least wasn't as noticeable until yesterday morning when she started up another load. Again no leveling issue, no out of balance problem, or overloading. I can't seem to figure out what I should do/try next.

The noise sound almost like a deep screech or low pitched grinding. It only seems to occur during the wash cycle and not that I have noticed during spin or rinse cycles. I'll post the link to my YouTube video below. I am not well versed at dismantling and repairing washing machines. I'll break a dryer or car or small engine or computer down all day long, but I just don't have much experience with washers.

I wasn't sure if the unit would still be covered by any manufacturer's warranty or if I would be better off letting a pro look at it or do it my self. Or if repairs are too costly, buy a new one (which I'd rather not do).

If any other information is needed, please let me know and I'll be happy to oblige. It may be a little hard to hear, but around 30 seconds into the video it really starts up. There is basically two types of noises, one really loud and one that happens a few times in the video, but the very end you can start to hear it if you have trouble finding it during the video.

Thanks,

Chris

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,396 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

What's the serial number of this washer?

Try putting the unit into Test Mode and see if it will do all the operations.  Video any weirdness.

gallery_4_5_32973.png

Service Manual:  http://appliantology...service-manual/

#3 Chris Johnston

Chris Johnston

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

The S/N of this unit is 111KWUC6F518. I'm not sure what the Special Use button is, but I'm going to take a look at the service manual link in your post and see if I can find it.

Thanks,

Chris

#4 Chris Johnston

Chris Johnston

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

Just did the Facebook thing to be able to access the service manual. Not sure how long it will take before I can view it. I'll check back when I have some more information.

Thanks again,

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics