Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Sub Zero 632S control board trouble

sub zero 632 Control

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 trickcruiser

trickcruiser

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud lite

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

I'm having some trouble here.  Both the freezer and fridge temp displays are doing strange things. There are no error codes. Diagnostic  mode seems to work properly. In normal operation both displays seem to be only being displaying set points not actual temp while the actual  temp in both the freezer and fridge seem erratic. Currently  If I set the fridge to 37 and close the door  the display moves to 36 in a blink then wont change while the shelf thermometer is much higher. If I leave both sides closed for a while the actual temp will drop way lower then  the set points again this is both sides and no change in the displays.  I'm leaning  toward replacing the control board but I'd love to hear from someone with more experience before I go for an expensive board.  

Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KCTBURY

KCTBURY

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:37 AM

Thermistor-4204150-00908808.jpg

Manufacturer Number 4204150

Check refrigerator compartment thermistor to j1 on the board for continuity and resistance at 30k to 33k ohms at 32 degrees. 

Do the same for the refrigerator evaporator thermistor and the freezer compartment and the freezer evaporator thermistors.

This fridge has a robust diagnostics center  here is a link http://www.njsubzero...bleshooting.pdf

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,177 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

Trick, please let us know what you find on this one.  

#4 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

One of the coolest things about the Sub Zero 600 series is the built in data logger.  Provided thermistors are in good shape you should be able to review both compartment temperatures in two hour increments going back two weeks.  Use the info provided by Brother KCTBURY to access that mode.  Also, visually inspect the refrigerator compartment evaporator.  Look for any ice buildup at the top/left corner.  If ice ball is present, you may have a bad evaporator.  If no problems are found, try clearing the control of any error codes by pressing the Bell On/Off key for 15 seconds.

#5 trickcruiser

trickcruiser

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud lite

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

New board fixed the problem, thanks all.

#6 danoam

danoam

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

When checking actual temperature, do not use an air sensing thermometer, you want to be checking product temperature. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics