Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

redboxer

A question about parts swapping on Frigidaire FL -

5 posts in this topic

So I have an older Frigidaire Gallery front loader, model FWT449GFS1 with a mfg date of 12/98. Evidently I need a new spin control board, PN 131725300.

I have found a Model FWT647GHSO with a mfg date of 5/01, that had drum and suspension issues and was collecting spiders at a friends. I brought it home, spent a couple hours salvaging parts, timer, motor, spin control board etc. The PN of the spin control is 22187000.0

My question, I see that the wiring to the spin control board is a different type and number, but can the board from the later machine replace the earlier one with some creative wiring splices? 

The "new" board has a caution to use only with motor Type 20585000.0 Would I have to replace the motor also?

I see on the front that there was an option for final spin speed which the original does not have. 

Would anyone care to advise? I would be most generous to your beer fund if you can save me the 300 clams for a new board.

RB

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

different Motor Contoller

different Motor

different Timer

different Wire Harness

probably easier to swap the tub into the old washer

what's wrong with both Washers ?

The first has a spin control issue - fills with water but does not move as timer goes through cycle. Then pumps out. Motor never gets signal to turn.

The second broke a spring and both shocks (unknown reasons) and also a chronic leak. It was then parked under a shed for four years with the tub unsupported and the door boot pulled halfway out. I considered restoring that one but the storage condition discouraged me. Now beyond as I salvaged the all the parts that you posted as different - motor control, timer, Motor, door assembly.