Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Atrain400

Frigidaire control panel fails then works

6 posts in this topic

I have a Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher.  Yesterday I could not get any of the buttons on the control panel to work.  I shut off power for a few minutes and then reset, but this didn't fix the issue.  The dishwasher did properly recognize the power interruption.  I was planning on waiting until Sunday afternoon to start digging into this, but today I look at the dishwasher and it has the power failure "PF" code flashing even though I haven't reset power since I first had issues with it.  I reset the PF code and now all the control panel buttons work just fine.  Sorry I don't have the model #, I started a load as soon as I realized it was working.  Any thoughts on what happened?  I don't have a lot of confidence in my electrical skills, so I would prefer not to try and replace the control panel and/or board if I don't need to.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

.  Sorry I don't have the model #,

Model number please.... for Frigidaires, a manufacture date would be helpful as well.

just imagine calling up a cell phone technician and said " my Apple (frigidaire) Iphone(gallery) screen got locked up.

He wouldn't know where to begin since there are 5 versions of the phone. Last checked, Frigidaire has 26 gallery models. We are not certain how many of those models are simply cosmetic differences. But Frigidaire has made Gallery models for many years so we have no idea how many models or versions exists.

There also may be a known issue with your specific model that would save all of us plenty of time. If, however, your dishwasher had the midel sticker removed it is unreadable, let us know and we will definitely attempt to help you anyway. Thanks!

model #FGHD2433KF1.  As some added information, the dishwasher again had the power failure "PF" code flashing on it again this morning.  Control panel still functions properly, but I am starting to think the root cause is something else.

I don't see the manufacturing date, but based on purchase date it would have to be very early 2010 or late 2009.