Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire control panel fails then works

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Atrain400

Atrain400

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

I have a Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher.  Yesterday I could not get any of the buttons on the control panel to work.  I shut off power for a few minutes and then reset, but this didn't fix the issue.  The dishwasher did properly recognize the power interruption.  I was planning on waiting until Sunday afternoon to start digging into this, but today I look at the dishwasher and it has the power failure "PF" code flashing even though I haven't reset power since I first had issues with it.  I reset the PF code and now all the control panel buttons work just fine.  Sorry I don't have the model #, I started a load as soon as I realized it was working.  Any thoughts on what happened?  I don't have a lot of confidence in my electrical skills, so I would prefer not to try and replace the control panel and/or board if I don't need to.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

.  Sorry I don't have the model #,

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,969 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:03 AM

Model number please.... for Frigidaires, a manufacture date would be helpful as well.

just imagine calling up a cell phone technician and said " my Apple (frigidaire) Iphone(gallery) screen got locked up.

He wouldn't know where to begin since there are 5 versions of the phone. Last checked, Frigidaire has 26 gallery models. We are not certain how many of those models are simply cosmetic differences. But Frigidaire has made Gallery models for many years so we have no idea how many models or versions exists.
There also may be a known issue with your specific model that would save all of us plenty of time. If, however, your dishwasher had the midel sticker removed it is unreadable, let us know and we will definitely attempt to help you anyway. Thanks!

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#4 Atrain400

Atrain400

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

model #FGHD2433KF1.  As some added information, the dishwasher again had the power failure "PF" code flashing on it again this morning.  Control panel still functions properly, but I am starting to think the root cause is something else.

#5 Atrain400

Atrain400

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:46 AM

I don't see the manufacturing date, but based on purchase date it would have to be very early 2010 or late 2009.

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

http://fixitnow.com/...hwasher-repair/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics