Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung ice maker slow production

Ice maker RS265LABP/XAA

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

I have a customer who replaced his Samsung icemaker a while back after  I defrosted his evaporator fan.    Told me that it never produced ice like the original, only harvest 2-3 times a day.   What can I look for,  not experienced with Samsung.  I was doing a Samsung dryer repair (replaced user interface) when I was asked about the I/M.   

I am going to schedule a service call when I find more about it.   I have the manual downloaded, thanks to Reggie.   I would like to obtain hands on advice from those knowledgeable with Samsung.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

... only harvest 2-3 times a day.   What can I look for,

Freezer temperature ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

6 degrees

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,083 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

So is the model number a secret between you and Reg?
You got a manual, which manual? Fridge or Samsung Ice Maker Manual?
If you got the latter then there would be no need for me to post this link http://appliantology...shooting-guide/

I may have to talk to you about how your temp is too high for a flex mold ice maker since it needs to be 1°f or less for it to harvest. And then ask you if you tested the icemaker before you opened the ice maker compartment? I could go on and on talking about things specific to heat mold and flex mold icemaker but I'll wait for the model number.... ie help a brother help you out.

ps check condenser fan also... A few Samsung models have some issues with sluggish condenser fans. When I've replaced condenser fan motors, customers usually say "you know, my ice maker has been slow for a while. This is particularly true if the icemaker needs 1°f temps.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

but I'll wait for the model number....

looks like it's in the sub-topic  :rolleyes:

RS265LABP/XAA

#6 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:05 AM

I see it on my phone but it does not appear on my pad. There it is now.. on my pad. It wasn't there earlier... and I looked.... honest.... then again, to borrow a line from brother VetsAppliance, I haven't yet had a chance to caffeinate this morning.

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,822 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

Information in tags does not show up in the mobile theme.  Important info, like model numbers, should be posted in the title or initial post body.  You may optionally also post model number in a tag but not in lieu of either the title or post body... if you want techs who check this forum on their phones (eg., Durham and myself) to be able to participate in your topic.   :blinky:

#8 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

Sorry,  all these rules & regulations,   I thought the tags were as good as ...  GE...   Really I don't do phone sex   er web  surfing with my dinosaur pantech  Don't know the ins of phone web.   My bad,  scold me.   I thought Samsung was a china whirlpool,  all much the same when it came to I/M's.  :tongue:    Pray tell, do share your knowledge of how to slay the Korean imports that have displaced most of the American people manufacturing people jobs.   I am ever so humble to obtain the advice of you exalted grand masters who party with the appliance gods.   Rock on.  :buddha:  :happy:

Edited by Patricio, 22 July 2013 - 08:15 PM.

IgonFishn

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,822 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

Sorry,  all these rules & regulations,  

Not "rulez and regz"-- just helpful tips to increase the number of techs who can help you with your problem.  I thought you'd like that.  

The Samurai is not about command and control and doth hateth rulez and regz; yea verily, they are shite that doth stinketh in my nostrils.  

Post however you like, in whatever format you like, say whatever you like, I really don't care.   Just offering tips.  Ignore or use as you wish.  

#10 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

The Samurai is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. He is very tolerant of "guideline" violations. Reg is too busy calculating pi to the last digit or something and generally unaffected by rule violations of mere mortals. He may post a whistle smiley or two. I on the other hand, will bitch, moan, post a video, tell a long story that goes nowhere, write a song, quote a famous saying, make up a saying, post a picture, post a funny smiley, tell a joke, and on and on and on. But all for the benefit of the site and its members.

So I ask you, would you rather follow a simple guideline or hear me bitch, moan, post a video, tell a long story that goes nowhere, write a song, quote a famous saying... .

#11 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

... So I ask you, would you rather follow a simple guideline or hear me bitch, moan, post a video, tell a long story that goes nowhere, write a song, quote a famous saying... .

:whistling:

#12 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

So back to subject at hand.  Samsung RS265LABP/XAA refrigerator,  freezer suppose to be 1 degree or less,  have to check condenser fan so it's not lazy.  And to check that I have to catch a ferry to get to the island where the refrigerator is.  Ever wait in line for the ferry ride across the channel during the summer,  the vacationers ya know got to get to the ocean which is across the channel where the barrier islands are.    So I need to bone up on Samsung.   Might as well take the Kayak with me so I can go beyond the breakers & catch some big fish.

Sorry got side tracked.  Any more I can be briefed on? :thanks:

IgonFishn

#13 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

Flashback:   4 months later I am back at this house for a unrelated call.  So I look at the refrigerator.    Flex icemaker is making a cup of ice a day so production is really nil.   Temp is zero.  Ice is frozen solid in mold.   Push test button & of course it harvest the cubes & fills with water.  Close freezer light switch... Fan energizes feels like good flow in ice compartment.    Look at condenser fan, looks lazy.  So is there a sensor that can be ohmed  & replaced.  It works not so good.    Not being told it is cold enough or what.

Drove by my fishing hole I was at yesterday.     Today the boat fisherman had the hole circled.  Somebody obviously saw my tight lines.

IgonFishn

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ice maker, RS265LABP/XAA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics