Jump to content


Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!


FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact


Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums


You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.


Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

 


Photo

Maytag MDE2500AYW Blower Seal


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brian04280

brian04280

    Unsui

  • Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Location: USA

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

Somehow my wife managed to knock the rubber blower seal between the plastic lint screen holder and the metal vent it butts against.

 

I cut the power, removed the front panal, and found 5 screws that appear to hold the plastic lint unit in place, but having taken them out the molded plastic unit doesn't move much.  I was able to reach under it to try and reseat the rubber seal.  It was very difficult as I had no room to operate.  I thought I had it and ran a test load through the dryer (after reassembling everything), but after removing the lint screen I could look down to the connection and see that the rubber seal was off.

 

I've had no luck finding information on how to remove the lint unit piece, and I don't think I'll be able t reseat the seal without it.

 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thank you.

 



Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 brian04280

brian04280

    Unsui

  • Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Location: USA

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

So the rubber seal between the filter housing outlet and the vent became unseated as my wife was cleaning the filter housing outlet.  (I have no idea how she managed it.)

 

I cut the power to the dryer,  removed the front panel, and located 5 screws that appeared to be holding the filter housing. (Three inside the barrel, two in the recess for the door.)  I had hoped this would allow the filter housing unit to drop so I could reseat the seal, but it seems almost as firmly in place as it was before I removed the screws.  I was able to reach under and around the outlet and tried to reseat the seal.  It was very difficult as there was little space around most of it, and I couldn't see anything.

 

Eventually by feel I thought I had it, and ran a test load for 15 minutes.  Alas, I was able to look down the housing to the outlet and could see that the seal was in the outlet itself.

 

My question is, can I take the filter housing off so that I can reaseat the seal around the outlet properly? 

 

Thanks.



#3 brian04280

brian04280

    Unsui

  • Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Location: USA

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:28 AM

So I managed to figure it out.  In case anyone finds this:

 

I had to remove not only the U shaped front Panel, but also the door housing panel as well, (a two piece panel held on by 6 hex screws.

 

Having done that, I easily remounted the seal, put the panels back on; and everything is in working order.



#4 PDuff

PDuff

    Sensei

  • Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • Location: USA
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

Sorry I missed you, Brother brian.  Your model is one of easier units to service because everything is accessible from the front panel.  Removing the door is the first step, then the front panel comes right off.  Two more screw at the top corner release the brackets that fasten the top.  Further access to the blower can be gained by removing the front drum support.  After that the belt and drum can be removed for clear access to the heating element, thermostats and motor  Well done on the repair with a pretty good turnaround time.  24 hours and left to your own devices.  Not bad..






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact


Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics