Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool WFW9150WW00 Trouble Code 1 8

Whirlpool WFW9150WW00 duet

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 davdups

davdups

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Miller

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

My Whirlpool WFW9150WW00 fills, runs through the wash cycle then stops and beeps. While beeping the wash light blinks 1 then 8 times.  Pressing the power button cycles it to drain and unlock. 

What is the F 18 mean?  

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

... fills, runs through the wash cycle then stops and beeps.
... wash light blinks 1 then 8 times.

1) may be a problem with the cold Water Valve ... try a cold Wash cycle

2) maybe 8, then 1 ?
F8E1
http://appliantology...heet-w10252711/

NO WATER DETECTED ENTERING WASHER OR PRESSURE SWITCH TRIP NOT DETECTED.

Possible Causes/Procedure
- Check if the home has low water pressure; open the water faucets.
- Unplug washer or disconnect power.
- Make sure that cold and hot valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
- Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves.
- Check all hoses for possible leaks.
- Check if the customer used an aftermarket “no flood” hose.
This can sometimes stop the flow of water to the washer.
- Make sure that wire harness connections from Inlet Valves (double and single),
Drain Pump, Pressure Switch, & CCU (PR6, DP2, VCH7, and DI6 cavities connectors)
are not broken or with wires detached, and that connector internal pins are visible.
- Check the continuity between the following components:
A. Inlet valve connectors (double and single) to the CCU (VCH7 and DI6 cavities)
B. Drain Pump & CCU (DP2 cavity) connectors
C. Pressure Switch & CCU (PR6 cavity) connectors.
- If the continuity diagnosis failed, Main Harness must be replaced.
- Check the resistance of the Inlet valve in each port of the valve (double & single).
- Make continuity test to the Pressure SW. See page 7.
- Verify that the pressure switch hose is in good condition and properly connected to tub and pressure switch.
- Check hose for possible leaks. Remove hose from pressure switch.
Make sure that the open part where the hose is connected doesn’t have debris.
- Check pressure switch operation. Remove pressure switch.
Blowing air through the opening, the two internal switches are heard one by one.
- Check for Suds.
- Verify there is not a siphon problem.
- Make sure that all the connectors are fully seated.
- Plug in washer or reconnect power.
- Verify the washer operation by running the Diagnostic Test cycle. See page 5.
- After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer or disconnect power and wait for 15 seconds.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 davdups

davdups

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

OK that makes more sense.  Trust me to get it bas ackwords.  I will work through the trouble guide tonight. 

#4 davdups

davdups

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

Follow up 

In an attempt for a fast fix I pulled the hoses off to check flow.  Good stream of water but the inlet filters were clogged.  After cleaning both inlets I pronounced the problem solved, the washer disagrees.  After completing the fill, it returns to F8 E1 and stops.  I will deep dive into the pressure switch and other diagnostics this weekend.  

#5 davdups

davdups

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

Sensei

Today's top removal exposed the obvious issue, the pressure switch hose fell off.  It is returned to its rightful place and secured from further meandering with a bit of wire lightly tightened as a hose clamp.  To all future techs, I suggest a small clamp or made up twist of wire to prevent your hose from jumping off the switch.  

Thanks for saving me a service call and helping me keep my wife fooled into believing she can not live without my skills with tools. 

David 

#6 MicaBay

MicaBay

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

It's unlikely, but possible, that the pressure switch hose fell off under normal operations. Are you sure there isn't an out of balance issue going on?

#7 davdups

davdups

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Not really, the washer is in a close fitting area and like many Florida homes almost in the kitchen.  Any unbalance condition would be quickly noticed, we do not run the washer unattended. The hose slid on very easy and seamed very likely to drop off again without some type of clamp. 

#8 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

It doesn't happen often, but I have seen it. If the hose isn't tight I use a zip tie around it. I do it if I ever find one of those that slide on or off with little resistance. Peace of Mind, I don't like buying new floors for people when it can be avoided.
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics