Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool washer front load model WFW9150WW01 makes noise during spin cycle

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mariocf70

mariocf70

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

Just moved 800 miles and when I hooked up my washer and dryer the washer started making a noise during the spin cycle. I have reviewed your page and the sound is not like a helicopter. I removed the back panel and the belt, when I turn the drive motor manually it makes a similar sound (but less intense obviously) I placed the belt back on and turned the washer on, it does all the functions correctly with no noise, the noise starts only during the spinning cycle and it does not stop until it is done. I think that the problem is in a ball bearing inside the drive motor, do I need to replace the entire drive motor? or u think that the problem is elsewhere ?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

... Just moved 800 miles and when I hooked up my washer

did you re-install the Shipping Bolts before the move ?
http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1608150

Shipping-Bolt-W10285622-01191122.jpg

Need parts? Call our Parts Department now! 877-803-7957

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

#3 mariocf70

mariocf70

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

No, I did not know that I needed to do this, nor the shipping company we used :-(

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

(almost) all Front Load Washers require shipping bolts ..

from the Use and Care Guide - W10252714.pdf

"NOTE: If the washer is to be transported at a later date, call your local service center.

To avoid suspension and structural damage, your machine must be properly set up for relocation by a certified technician."

#5 mariocf70

mariocf70

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Can this be fixed?

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

you have to inspect to see what damage has been done ..

Tub, Shocks, etc ..

#7 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,131 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

If you get the noise by rotating the motor shaft without the belt attached it could be a damaged rotor inside the motor, in which case you would have to replace the motor.  But moving the unit without the shipping bolts may have caused other issues.  Check the inner tub by opening the door and push up on the front lip of the stainless inner basket.  If there is any loose up or down movement the spinner support attached to the rear of the drum may have been damaged.  Also check the drain pump filter housing for any foreign object that might be hitting the impeller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics