Yes, I do have an update. We went camping and for the morning coffee times at camp, I decided to take the Timer with us to take apart and see what I would find since my gut feeling was the culprit of the problem. I did find that the bottom gear was laying flat at the bottom of the housing if you look at it from the top. I assembled it to what I believed was the place where it belonged but kept falling off. I then discovered that it was missing a little piece that acted like a dog to keep it in place. I decided that by making a plastic part to glue it next to it, it may just work. Well, it did, put every thing back together and she is running like if it was new.
Piece of plastic from a CD, free
super glue .... 3 for a $1 @ dollar store
Total expense ... $1
Satisfaction of another project solved..... priceless.
I hope some may benefit from this thread and thank all that tried to help.
I am not aware of how to post pics without uploading to a site, so if anyone can tell how to do it from my hard drive, I will then post them.