Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch Certified Repair Service Technicians - Bosch SHU5315UC

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mamasan

mamasan

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:47 PM

All things happen for a reason.  Traveled home from work for lunch more than 1.5 hours later than normal.  Husband had (surprisingly) turned on our 4-yr old beloved Bosch SHU5315 UC (almost silent) dishwasher during his visit home for lunch.

Bosch dishwasher signaled "CL" meaning "clean".  Unloaded dishwasher, freeing for new dirties from our five teenage sons at dinner later.  Opened door -- dishes too hot to handle.  Left open to cool.  Busied myself for five minutes -- came back, and water was spilling all over the floor! The water was running slowly, but enough that it wouldn't stop.  Panicked then shut off every valve I could think of to get the water to stop.

Called Bosch at their toll-free number.  Was referred to three local technicians at three separate companies.  First two of the three stated they no longer serviced Bosch products (couldn't get a straight answer why).  Third did, but had to wait for 7 days to get on schedule.  To techs, probably not a long delay, but to mamasan of five teenage sons and husband who acts like one, a very LONG time washing dishes by hand.  Repair Technician was EXCELLENT.  Yes, it cost me dollars. But I did my homework.  When the company scheduled the Tech, I asked to talk with him before his trip.  He called, I explained the problem, he stated he knew what it probably was (new control board needed because one of the contacts was bad -- that's what I think he said anyway -- says it happens routinely at about 4 years of age, then again at 8 years at which point we should just buy a new one).  Stated it would take him about 10 days to get the parts.  Asked if I could order direct and get faster, and yes I could.  I ordered part, part came, tech came, he fixed, paid him $138.00, and he left.  Mamasan very happy lady.  That was a year ago, and machine has operated fine every since.  I adore this quiet and efficient (though very time-consuming cycles) Bosch dishwasher despite this problem.

The posts by the Master who has predicted that the Technicians' field will head toward higher end appliances because of those who would prefer to pay than to dabble, is valid.  We are not rich by any stretch of the imagination.  But the idea of my wonderfully talented husband ordering manuals, paying for them, then ordering parts, getting around to the fix-it-yourself opportunity (when he has time), leaves way too many loads of dishes left for handwashing. 

And yes, my husband said, "I can't believe you paid someone $138.00 to fix the machine when I could have done it myself."

And so the power play goes.  She who governs the gold (or has to wash the dishes, or launder the clothes), makes the rules.

Thanks to great Technicians out there everywhere.  There are many of us who really do rely on you!

:P:P:P

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics