LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

WP French door fridge GI5FSAXVY02 manual, please

RedToryTy

Reg,

Send the WP French door fridge GI5FSAXVY02 manual, please. The present manuals in Potluck Supper don't show icemaker removal for my model.

Thanks in advance,

Tyrus

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DurhamAppliance

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• RegUS_PatOff

• mrjtwright

That's a tough one to find! Gotta call in the big guns... ie Reg and Samurai!

Come on Whirlpool! Those are some sucky instructions... where's the photos?

• Team Samurai

Tech sheets won't help on this one.  

I just did one of these the other day, procedure is that same for the Maytag Iceland refrigerators.  Here's the excerpt I have loaded on my iPad Mini:  http://appliantology.org/files/file/1091-whirlpool-modular-icemakers-in-cubby-in-the-ff-compt-in-french-door-refrigerators/

Once you remove the flap below the ice maker and disconnect the wire harness, then undo the clip beside the icemaker and pull like you mean it-- comes right out.  When re-installing it, make sure you're all the way back-- have to get that water fill nipple lined up with the fill cup on the icemaker.  It'll make a disconcerting THUNK when it's seated properly.  

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the help.  This looks like it.  I downloaded the manual but then the tech sheet download failed.  When I re-tried to download it said  "Sorry, you have exceeded your number of downloads".  That second attempt should've only made 3 for the day and week and 7 for a month I do believe.