Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Miele G898 SCI Plus Dishwasher

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DougB

DougB

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

Turned DW on last night at 10. Today I find Water intake light.  The dishwasher has not emptied rinse water.  Turned off the breaker for a minute. Did no good.

Water intake light blinks immediately, no sound. Empied DW and used wet vac to such out of bottom filter area - removed check valve - it was clear. I managed to put my little finger in the hole - and the impeller spins freely.

Pulled out DW, removed bottom plate - all dry underneath.

How do I diagnose this?   How I do I read the fault codes?  

Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

Water intake light on the Miele usually indicates a problem with the circulating motor or drain pump.  Sounds like the water valve assy on the hose is ok.  Try resetting the control and start a new cycle.  If unit calls for water and then shuts down with the flashing Water Intake light shortly thereafter could be a bad circulating motor.  Might have to press and hold Program/Cycle button to reset.

Edited by PDuff, 24 July 2013 - 09:49 AM.

#3 DougB

DougB

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

The water intake light just flashes.  Can't select a cycle. 

How do I read the fault codes? 

#4 LI-NY Tech

LI-NY Tech

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Virgil's Cream Soda

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

Page 122 of his PDF details fault code retrieval: https://dl-web.dropb...6RV7KUBapBw1CUQ

It's a bit complex. Most common code is f08 - heater level switch. If you get this code the likely culprit is a clogged up wash pump. The heater level switch measures water pressure during the wash, if the pressure is incorrect, it'll stop the cycle. Usually the wash pump, which has lots of little spaces to catch stuff in, gets clogged and this reduces water pressure. To access the wash motor requires pulling the machine out and turning it on its back, then removing the bottom panel and the hosed and pulling the

- David
- RD Appliance Service, Corp.
http://www.rdapplianceservice.com

#5 LI-NY Tech

LI-NY Tech

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Virgil's Cream Soda

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

Service Mode 2
Service Mode 2 is used to determine which upper electronic is in the appliance, to change certain programmed functions and to access fault codes. The programmed functions include increasing the water temperature, turning on or off the water softener, adding an interim rinse, and setting the dishwasher width (18” or 24”).
1. To access Service Mode 2, open the dishwasher door and turn the dishwasher off.
2. Press and hold program buttons 2 and 3 while turning the dishwasher on.
Successful accessing of Service Mode 2 is indicated by flashing Salt and
Intake/Drain lights.

To read fault codes:

1. Access Service Mode 2.
2. Press the flashing program button 5.
3. Press the flashing program button 1.
4. One of the program button lights (1 to 5) will light up, indicating a stored fault code of F0 -
F4. If none of the program buttons light, a fault code of F5 - F9 is stored. To display fault codes F5 - F9, press program button 6 once. Program button 6 will light up along with one of the other program buttons (1 to 5). See Table 6-72.

See attached image for fault code table.Attached File  image.jpg   208.29KB   0 downloads

- David
- RD Appliance Service, Corp.
http://www.rdapplianceservice.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics