Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

sarahisard

subzero 632 leaking door

5 posts in this topic

The bottom right hand corner of the fridge door leaks water when I open it.  Any ideas what might be causing this problem and how I rectify it.  No sign of any water inside the fridge.  It just leaks onto the floor when the door is opened.  Thank you.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Check for a blocked  'Defrost Drain Tube'..water on the floor of the fresh food section..........................Possibly, Condensation on the door liner, door closing properly??   Water running down and pooling  onto the gasket????..........................A new Puppy????......

2 people like this

Thank you,  I will do as you suggest.  Where is the gasket?  For that matter, what is a gasket?   

Sadly no new puppy though!

The door gasket is the white rubber ( sometimes, Black ).... trim looking item that travels 360 degrees around the door, Inside,  in the shape of a rectangle...............Seals the door to the refrigerators' surface....................Keeping the cold air inside and the warm air outside......Torn anywhere??????.

You can pull the crisper drawers and glass cover forward and look for the drain trough.  The drain can ice up and overflow the trough.  Any standing water on refrigerator floor under drawers?