Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Sub zero door not sucking closed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kathyjk30

kathyjk30

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

Ok-so my 601 R was not staying cold because the door seal needed to be replaced-so I cleaned out the entire fridge replaced the door seal and now the vacuum seal on the door is not working?  Now what?  Suggestions?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,152 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

What's the actual temperature inside the compartment, degrees F?  

#3 kathyjk30

kathyjk30

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

Berfore I replace the door gasket it was hovering around 38 F and lots of condesation/ ice on the back of the fridge-I figured the biggest problem was the torn 13 yr old gasket and lots of humid air-so I replaced it just last night--when I turned it back on the door did not pull closed with suction as it normally would-I taped it closed for the night and it was only 44F this morning-but obviously not sealed closed. Any suggestions?

Fan is working--just checked

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,152 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

I taped it closed for the night and it was only 44F this morning-but obviously not sealed closed

It's not obvious to me that the door was not sealed closed because you said you taped it.  

Absent any visible gaps between the gaskets and cabinet, I think it's reasonable to assume that the door is properly sealed and that we're looking at a sealed system problem.  

You'll need to remove the back panel and look a the the frost pattern.  If you see a ball of ice or frost in an upper corner, that confirms a sealed system problem.  

#5 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

Any gaps between the door gaskets and the mating surfaces??????..................If I remember, the gaskets are slightly wrinkled in the box.........You may need to check the frost pattern on the evaporator coils, the door was open for a while and now the system cannot  cool down as fast as it used to ..( The dreaded  "Ice Ball ")........................No "vacuum" seal on door,  just physics......... Cold air falls out, and warm air moves in.......Presto--- Changeo........a reduction of pressure...........

#6 kathyjk30

kathyjk30

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

The dorr gasket looks good. 

So I did a code check on the fridge and it says thermistior error--where is it located and how to replace it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics