Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

kathyjk30

Sub zero door not sucking closed

6 posts in this topic

Ok-so my 601 R was not staying cold because the door seal needed to be replaced-so I cleaned out the entire fridge replaced the door seal and now the vacuum seal on the door is not working?  Now what?  Suggestions?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

What's the actual temperature inside the compartment, degrees F?  

Berfore I replace the door gasket it was hovering around 38 F and lots of condesation/ ice on the back of the fridge-I figured the biggest problem was the torn 13 yr old gasket and lots of humid air-so I replaced it just last night--when I turned it back on the door did not pull closed with suction as it normally would-I taped it closed for the night and it was only 44F this morning-but obviously not sealed closed. Any suggestions?

Fan is working--just checked

I taped it closed for the night and it was only 44F this morning-but obviously not sealed closed

It's not obvious to me that the door was not sealed closed because you said you taped it.  

Absent any visible gaps between the gaskets and cabinet, I think it's reasonable to assume that the door is properly sealed and that we're looking at a sealed system problem.  

You'll need to remove the back panel and look a the the frost pattern.  If you see a ball of ice or frost in an upper corner, that confirms a sealed system problem.  

Any gaps between the door gaskets and the mating surfaces??????..................If I remember, the gaskets are slightly wrinkled in the box.........You may need to check the frost pattern on the evaporator coils, the door was open for a while and now the system cannot  cool down as fast as it used to ..( The dreaded  "Ice Ball ")........................No "vacuum" seal on door,  just physics......... Cold air falls out, and warm air moves in.......Presto--- Changeo........a reduction of pressure...........

The dorr gasket looks good. 

So I did a code check on the fridge and it says thermistior error--where is it located and how to replace it?