Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Sears Kenmore Elite dishwasher 665.15972992 minimal, abnormal behavior

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bill near Boston

Bill near Boston

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:53 AM

With either original or newly purchased control board, diagnostic test (i.e., touchpanel disconnected) fails: no spontaneous 2-minute motor spin.

With touchpanel, etc., all connected, unit exhibits intermittent spontaneous behavior: a few lights lit, and brief motor spin. Sometimes pressing "Drain Off" button elicits expected motor spin. Multiple alternating "unlock/reset" button-push sequences have no effect. Once recently, with reconditioned control board, pressing "Normal Wash" didn't cause its LED to light, but then pressing "Start" resulted in several, but not all, normal wash steps.

All significant components within the unit (including main touchpanel matrix paths) that are testable with meter -- either voltage when unit is energized, or resistance when not -- seem within numbers on spec sheet (part no. 8051288).

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,887 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

Everything you are describing sounds like a bad touchpad/console assembly, (the membrane keypads are known for this type of failure).

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

Touchpanel assembly (choose your flavorite color):  http://www.repaircli...-Touchpad-Parts

#4 Bill near Boston

Bill near Boston

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

With apologies to the two experts who so promptly replied, I'd still like to explore what shoud happen withOUT the touchpad connected.  If control board and all else (besides touchpad) are still connected, should I hear 2-minute motor spin?  (It's mentioned on a comment somewhere re a different Kenmore dishwasher.)  In general, for my model, is there ANY kind of test, without touchpad connected, of control board, etc.?

#5 Bill near Boston

Bill near Boston

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Thanks again to the two experts for quick replies!  Focusing with them on touchpad, I actually tested it first.*  Ohms readings for all combinations (shown on a Web page) of P1-11 through P-13, and P1-2 through P1-6 seemed OK.

* By first, I mean even before ordering (what turned out to be refurbished) control board, which seems to not help:erratic behavior with touchpad connected, and no action without it.

#6 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

Have you checked the main power connection at the box (located bottom/right behind access panel) for damaged or shorted wire connectors?

#7 Bill near Boston

Bill near Boston

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

To PDuff: Sorry I didn't make clear in my initial "All significant components within the unit (including main touchpanel matrix paths) that are testable with meter -- either voltage when unit is energized, or resistance when not -- seem within numbers on spec sheet ..." that, as expected, I get 110 VAC across control board pins P7 - P8 (of course with door switch closed).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics