Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Communication Error? WFW9200SQ00

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bimbbobway

bimbbobway

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

So we have a repeating F71 communication error between ccu & user interface. We have already replace the ccu, user interface boards, & the harness connecting the two. Twice. And now we are getting an F70 a communication error between the same boards. Is there anything else we missed? Could the motor control be causing this as well as I know there is separate error codes for this as well. Any ideas will be appreciated.
www.mrappliance.com/wilmington

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

90% I find that the MCU is the cause for this...try unplugging the 3 blue wire harness connector from the MCU...if the unit responds normally (except motor function of course) this is it.
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,648 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

90% I find that the MCU is the cause for this...try unplugging the 3 blue wire harness connector from the MCU...if the unit responds normally (except motor function of course) this is it.

gallery_4_5_80497.png

MCU part link:  http://www.repaircli...ber=WFW9200SQ00

Motor-Control-Board-8183196-01584699.jpg

#4 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:36 AM

I've had 2 in the last week that needed the MCU for the same issue, fixed them both.
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#5 bimbbobway

bimbbobway

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

Thanks guys. Had a feeling it might be. Was thrown off by the fact that the washer worked for a few weeks after replacing the UIB & ccu. Again thanks
www.mrappliance.com/wilmington

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics