Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchenaid KUDS35FXSS lower spray arm wobbly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rklingsten

rklingsten

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

Hi folks, I have a Kitchenaid KUDS35FXSS dishwasher which is just over a year old at this point.

My wife noticed that the lower spray arm is wobbly and (when no water is present) spinning it by hand makes it bang into some plastic part on the bottom. She thinks it shouldn't be that way and that is why the dishes aren't coming clean sometimes.

I think it is supposed to be that way, and that once the pump is forcing water out through it, it will be pushed upwards and balance out, and won't hit anything while spinning. I think the sporadic poor dish cleaning is from poor loading. No rhythmic banging sound can be heard while it is running.

So, lower spray arm supposed to be wobbly or not?

thanks -

Rob K.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

You are right...it is loose till the pressure hits it...loading is important. Also make sure hot water is 120 minimum incoming...use correct amount of detergent for your water hardness...always use rinse aid for proper drying and open the tap at the sink right before you start the cycle, to ensure a hot fill, first fill.
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics