Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
rolyat1847

very OLD GE washer model wwa3100GBLWH

8 posts in this topic

This has just started overflowing on initial fill,  the front DOES NOT come off, it is part of the sides,

Only the top pops up and the back comes off. Everything else I have seen says to pop off the front.    I know it is old, but is well built and if I can find out what part I need, I am sure I can get a good many yearsout of it.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Does it overflow with hot and cold or just one? Inspect the pressure switch hose for holes or kinks.

I have only cold water, where is the pressure hose?

There is a pressure hose that runs from the drum to the pressure switch inside the control head.  The hose is illustrated in as part #811 in the picture attached.  Check the hose for a complete connection to the drum.  Also inspect the hose for any leaks.  There should be a hose clamp where it connects to the drum.  You can remove it from the drum and blow air into it to check the line for leaks.  If the line checks out ok, the SWITCH ASM PRESSURE is bad Part # WH12X666 or WH12X722

post-85067-0-35277700-1375237494_thumb.g

... where is the pressure hose?

Pressure Switch # 10

00051747-00001.png

Thanks for the help! Turns out the part is NLA! I guess I will hit Craigslist.

Good old washer, roly.  I tend to gush when I see the older stuff.  Most parts are no longer available.  One of the biggest repair killers on these were rust holes in the outer tub caused by the inner tub rubbing on the upper/rear side.  Might check for that.  Easily remedied using a product call "SlapStix', an adhesive plastic strip that can applied over the hole from the inside of the outer tub.  Good Luck!

Before you condemn this washer, check the pressure hose where it connects to the outer tub, make sure it's not clogged up with gookus.