Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool WTW5640XW0 Click after Spinning

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Doug Hymas

Doug Hymas

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

After initial cycle start, the washer runs through the sensing cycle, then turns the drum for about a complete revolution to check for weight in the drum.  After the motor stops the cam on the underside of the washer by the motor and the shift actuator it clicks loudly from inside the Cam housing, it also click very loudly from there especially after a spin cycle.

Some other information:

The motor was replace from leaking bearings.

The washer had a sock stuck under the drum preventing the spin cycle.

I have cleaned and removed all hard water from the drum.

The belt checks out ok, and does not slip.

The washer will run through a complete cycle, the only issue at this point is the clicking noise.

Any ideas?

Attached File  W1006094-00004.png   276.32KB   0 downloads

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,059 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

Get the tech sheet behind the front panel and put the control into diagnostic mode so you can read the the last four stored error codes.  This video will show you how to do that:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics