Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Great day

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

I go a few days without a call, then I get a few, & sometimes I get a weeks worth in a day.   I have never had a day like today.   Have not had a job other than telephone repairs for last few days.  Going into big city for personal business early this morning when I get a call about a warm refer in an RV.     Make an appointment for 1 pm.    Have a mother of  my wife's friend wanting me to hang a new light over her sink a block away so I scheduled it for afterwards.

Get to the RV & have to condemn 10 cu ft whirlpool that was installed a year ago in the RV.       Not there 15 minutes, tell customer that it is not worth doing seale system work as a unit that small can be purchased for about $350.   He asks me to buy one for him.   I tell him I will stop by Lowes & shop one for him But he has to come purchase it after he gets off of work.  I would come back in the evening & help pull the old one out & install new one.   I show him How to do it.

He gives me $30 on the spot for my time.   I go & do the light hang, charge $65 for 15 minutes work, get paid $90.    Go to Lowes do my business, needed some supplies anyway.

Get a call for an icemaker that is leaking, make that call turns out a frozen defrost drain, simple top freezer whirlpool with nothing in the freezer & unit on a tile floor.   Piece of cake job not much ice & unit just came out of a defrost cycle.   $150 clear money & very satisfied customer, vacuumed condenser while I was there.

I am 5 minutes from RV job, call and say I'm coming.    Arrive & find the dude already has the condemned one on ground outside & new unit installed.   He is so appreciative for my service (Did Not really do anything)   He gives me a $100 bill.

$370 clear for less than 20 miles windshield time & 3 hours Max.    I like days like this,  Not a record revenue day, nice nonetheless.  Kinda makes up for the 2nd trip days.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 J5

J5

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:30 AM

its days like that that make you feel good

I have some days that you are out for 10 hours and complete 2/3 of the jobs and get home for a sleep on the couch

then other days i am out for 8 hours and complete every job , refreshed and plenty of cash in the pocket

#3 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

Two foxes talking after raiding the hen house.  One fox asks "How did you do today"?  The other fox replies, "Well, somedays it's chicken, other days it's feathers".

Glad you had a "chicken" day, Brother Patricio!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics