Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE WCVH Error Code E46

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Taylor

Matt Taylor

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:sierra nevada

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

Hello, first of all thank you in advance for reading this and helping!

So I have a GE front loading washing machine WCVH6800, it was in my basement about two years ago  when it flooded and I called a service tech because it wasn't working and he replaced the motor control board.  Now less about 2 years later its acting up again, I was hoping to avoid a costly service call again so I figured I'd tackle the problem first and see if i could fix it.  It has not flooded again down there, or anything like that.  My wife put in a load of clothes and then told me it wasn't working right this weekend.

The problem is that when it runs a load it will fill with water, then try to agitate the clothes, drain, unlock the door and sit.  I put it in test mode and it is throwing E46, when running test 10 it only tumbles one way (counter clock wise if i remember right but honestly I didn't write it down) and test 11 it won't spin at all it just sits there at 0 rpms.  The drum rotates freely, the belt seems to be in good shape, not to tight or loose.  Water pump, and water level tests return normal results and that is the only error code I'm getting so I assume that my problem is the motor or inverter.

I pulled out the motor and tested the windings, it is 6ohms (or close, currently i have my dad's old very crappy multimeter, when my neighbor gets home later I will double check with his quality one) so I'm not sure if I should replace the motor or the inverter.

Is there a test I can do to check the inverter?  I currently have them both removed and sitting on the floor next to me but could easily re install them if they need to be in order to check them.  

If I do need to order a new part is there a site you would recommend?  I would love to narrow it down to one or the other but if I need to I will simply order both and see which one fixes the problem and return the other but that obviously is not ideal.

Thank you again please let me know if you need any more information or have any suggestions!

-Matt

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

Repairclinic.com for the parts, you can buy them and return any part for a full year. Please include your complete model number. You're missing some digits.
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#3 Matt Taylor

Matt Taylor

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:sierra nevada

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

wcvh6800j1ms sorry about that, thanks for the quick response!

#4 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

It sounds like a bad inverter, can you verify that error code though.
Inverter
http://www.repaircli...2X10418/1475761
Motor just in case.
http://www.repaircli...0X10028/1168747
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

from the GE Front Load Washer DCVH
WBVH6240
WCVH6260
WHDVH626

service manual

http://appliantology...nt-load-washer/

E46 Drive motor - over temperature / Inverter over temperature.
Check Motor - t10 tumble, t11 spin, T14 spin.
Power down (unplug) washer, wait 30 seconds and retry

- use whites cycle sanitize temperature

- if reoccurs, replace drive motor. (Note: Cannot occur with open winding.)

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics