Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire affinity E59 and E52 error codes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lizC

lizC

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Moose Drool

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

Hi Samurai and anyone else who can help... 

Been trying to repair my frigidaire affinity front load washer (model #: bafw3574kw0) purchased in 2009.  Ran diagnositics - got back error codes E52 and E59.  Both point to communication issues with Tacho generator.  Went through "test 10" from manual (hoping correct manual - closest one I could find on-line, since the one they give you with the appliance doesn't give much info about troubleshooting).  Disconnected belt between tub and motor in back and can spin motor freely, but tub won't spin freely.  Goes ~ 45 degrees one way, then stops, and can then be turned back other way ~45 degrees and stops.  Tub bearings seem fine (gave the inside tub a good shake and seems securely connected and in-line with outer drum.  Any thoughts on why tub won't spin?   Any help is SOOO appreciated!    Thank you!    -Liz

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

Something is in between the outer and inner tub. The basket (inner tub) should spin free and clear in both directions. If it doesn't, something is stopping it.
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#3 lizC

lizC

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

thank you!   any suggestions about how to get whatever is in there out? :)

#4 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

Take the top off, take the control panel off, disconnect the bellows from the front panel, then remove the front panel. After that it should be accessible.
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#5 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

i have had luck taking the hose the runs from the dispenser and the back of the tub off at the tub, and finding something in that region jamming up the works.

#6 lizC

lizC

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:01 PM

Any advice on how to get the drum off the springs?  we're having a hard time lifting up the drum enough in order to get the springs off.  We got one off, but can't get the one that is by the soap dispenser.      Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking that the only way to get something out that is between the inner and outer drum is to actually take the drum out (off the shocks and off the springs) and then open up the outer drum..... is that right.  (I did already get everything out that I could from disconnecting the hose that connects the bottom of the tub to the drain pump. I reached up in that opening and did find some string from a dog toy, but the drum still won't turn, which is why I'm needing to really look in between the two drums..... )

#7 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

i have had luck taking the hose the runs from the dispenser and the back of the tub off at the tub, and finding something in that region jamming up the works.

did you try this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics