Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
lizC

Frigidaire affinity E59 and E52 error codes

7 posts in this topic

Hi Samurai and anyone else who can help... 

Been trying to repair my frigidaire affinity front load washer (model #: bafw3574kw0) purchased in 2009.  Ran diagnositics - got back error codes E52 and E59.  Both point to communication issues with Tacho generator.  Went through "test 10" from manual (hoping correct manual - closest one I could find on-line, since the one they give you with the appliance doesn't give much info about troubleshooting).  Disconnected belt between tub and motor in back and can spin motor freely, but tub won't spin freely.  Goes ~ 45 degrees one way, then stops, and can then be turned back other way ~45 degrees and stops.  Tub bearings seem fine (gave the inside tub a good shake and seems securely connected and in-line with outer drum.  Any thoughts on why tub won't spin?   Any help is SOOO appreciated!    Thank you!    -Liz

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Something is in between the outer and inner tub. The basket (inner tub) should spin free and clear in both directions. If it doesn't, something is stopping it.

thank you!   any suggestions about how to get whatever is in there out? :)

Take the top off, take the control panel off, disconnect the bellows from the front panel, then remove the front panel. After that it should be accessible.

i have had luck taking the hose the runs from the dispenser and the back of the tub off at the tub, and finding something in that region jamming up the works.

Any advice on how to get the drum off the springs?  we're having a hard time lifting up the drum enough in order to get the springs off.  We got one off, but can't get the one that is by the soap dispenser.      Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking that the only way to get something out that is between the inner and outer drum is to actually take the drum out (off the shocks and off the springs) and then open up the outer drum..... is that right.  (I did already get everything out that I could from disconnecting the hose that connects the bottom of the tub to the drain pump. I reached up in that opening and did find some string from a dog toy, but the drum still won't turn, which is why I'm needing to really look in between the two drums..... )

i have had luck taking the hose the runs from the dispenser and the back of the tub off at the tub, and finding something in that region jamming up the works.

did you try this