Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

mrfixit3

whirlpool washer #110-21392012

4 posts in this topic

hi. customer complained clothes still wet after spin. my findings were that the unit will agitate, drain fine, but when it gets to spin ,the spin light comes on ,the door lock light is out. I waited a good 15 min , no change, but if I press start button again the door lock light comes on and the washer will spin fine and complete the cycle..the door lock light does come on during agitate.bad board? does agitate and spin  function through the lid switch?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Yes, motor current is through the lid lock. I would check the shift actuator. There is a switch in it that tells the control board if it's in agitate or spin mode. In agitate mode, the switch is closed and should open when splutch is shifted to spin mode.

Eric

Yes, motor current is through the lid lock. I would check the shift actuator. There is a switch in it that tells the control board if it's in agitate or spin mode. In agitate mode, the switch is closed and should open when splutch is shifted to spin mode.

Eric

Changing a lot of these for a variety of reasons:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Shift-Actuator/W10006355/1719787?modelNumber=110.21392012

Shift-Actuator-W10006355-01390083.jpg

The diagnostic codes on this unit are AWESOME!  It troubleshoots itself and tells you which part to change.  It's plug n' chug, skip n' pluck.  Talk to the control board-- it has the answers.  

thanks.i received the tech sheets from manual request as there were none in the machine.i'll give it a go it the am.