Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

whirlpool washer #110-21392012

no spin

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mrfixit3

mrfixit3

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:TIMMIES

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

hi. customer complained clothes still wet after spin. my findings were that the unit will agitate, drain fine, but when it gets to spin ,the spin light comes on ,the door lock light is out. I waited a good 15 min , no change, but if I press start button again the door lock light comes on and the washer will spin fine and complete the cycle..the door lock light does come on during agitate.bad board? does agitate and spin  function through the lid switch?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

Yes, motor current is through the lid lock. I would check the shift actuator. There is a switch in it that tells the control board if it's in agitate or spin mode. In agitate mode, the switch is closed and should open when splutch is shifted to spin mode.

Eric

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,034 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

Yes, motor current is through the lid lock. I would check the shift actuator. There is a switch in it that tells the control board if it's in agitate or spin mode. In agitate mode, the switch is closed and should open when splutch is shifted to spin mode.

Eric

Changing a lot of these for a variety of reasons:  http://www.repaircli...er=110.21392012

Shift-Actuator-W10006355-01390083.jpg

The diagnostic codes on this unit are AWESOME!  It troubleshoots itself and tells you which part to change.  It's plug n' chug, skip n' pluck.  Talk to the control board-- it has the answers.  

#4 mrfixit3

mrfixit3

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:TIMMIES

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

thanks.i received the tech sheets from manual request as there were none in the machine.i'll give it a go it the am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics