Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
vineman

GE WSSH300G3WW Washer Stuck in Sensing Mode

14 posts in this topic

That is, I THINK it is stuck in the load balance sensing mode (pre-spin). More frustrating is when in diagnostic mode it will go into high speed spin no problem, but when not in diagnostic mode it won't. I dropped in a new MCU, which did not fix the problem. Can anyone shed any light on what else might be causing this?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

GE WSSH300G3WW built by Frigidaire

While in the Spin Cycle, and the Door is locked,

is it really locked ?

if so, then un-plug the Power Cord from the Wall Outlet.

Can you then open the Door right away ?

OR only after a few minutes ?

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=824420

Door-Lock-WH10X10003-00911712.jpg

OR the Frigidaire Door Latch Assembly

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=1531974

Door-or-Lid-Latch-Assembly-131763202-015

Reg, that was a good suggestion, I only wish it had worked. I put in a new lock assembly but no change in the behavior. I am still open to suggestions if anyone has more thought on this. Thanks.

is it really locked ?

Can you pull any error codes? Possible main control.

Reg, that was a good suggestion, I only wish it had worked. I put in a new lock assembly but no change in the behavior. I am still open to suggestions if anyone has more thought on this. Thanks.

Was this a new OEM door lock assembly or a generic part? If it wasn't in an Electrolux or GE bag, then it was a knockoff.

Reg- Door was definitely locked in spin cycle and would not open immediately when cancelled. Door lock light flashes while wax motor is cooling.

Samurai- Can't answer for sure about OEM door lock as it was in my inventory but outside of the original packaging. I try to stock OEM parts but can't verify this one.

I also put a new main control board and again did not fix the problem. This unit has turned me into a classic PCM!

is it really locked ?

... Door was definitely locked in spin cycle and would not open immediately when cancelled.

... door lock as it was in my inventory but outside of the original packaging.

1) then why did you replace it ?

2) ... and could have been a "bad, used one" laying around ?

Does the "new" Door Latch pass the test ?

Samurai- Can't answer for sure about OEM door lock as it was in my inventory but outside of the original packaging. I try to stock OEM parts but can't verify this one.

Door latch assembly of unknown origin in unknown condition, could even be a bad one from a previous job.  Personally, I would not use such a part on a job.  

Buy a new OEM door latch and install it.  

Does it drain all the water out? If not you may have something blocking the pump. Most frontload washers won't spin if all water is'nt drained out. I would check the boot connecting from tub to pump for possible coins or other objects

New door latch did pass the test but since the old one did too I swapped it back. I originally replaced it because I understand that the lock assembly sends specific ohms signal to the control board to instigate the spin cycle. Since I had one in my inventory and such a simple task to put in I made the change just to see if it would work.  :kopkrab:  Yes, I admit that I can't verify if this was an original OEM part (as discussed) but I do mark all my used parts for test purposes only accordingly.  Samurai's suggestion to try a new part sounds like the next best step.

Phydeauxe64 - All the water drains out and pump volume is strong. thx.

... the lock assembly sends specific ohms signal to the control board to instigate the spin cycle. 

... suggestion to try a new part sounds like the next best step.

1) sends ON /OFF info from internal switch to Controller

2) I'd try a new Controller

Reg - Thanks for the clarification regarding the controller.