Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore he3t 110.42932 200 f 06 error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dorothy Stankavage

Dorothy Stankavage

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

My 11 yr old washer runs for a few minutes, then gives an f 06 error and stops. It seems like it is having problems spinning, instead of the drum turning smoothly, it starts and stop with a quick motion. Could a bad belt cause this type of symptom? Both my washers are dead right now and this mom of 10, 9 still at home, is not a happy camper.

I think I will call an appliance repair person for my 2 yr old duet wfw9400. It has an f 28 error. I wonder if something got fried in it during last night's thunderstorm? I didn't lose any computers or office equipment from this storm, but my internet seems really slow today.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

Kenmore he3t 110.42932200

tech sheet 8181790

same tech sheet as:

Whirlpool Duet Washer GHW9250

http://appliantology...250-tech-sheet/

F06

DRIVE MOTOR TACHOMETER ERROR
The control is unable to properly detect motor speed and the machine will shut down.

If a failure occurs during high-speed spin, the door will be unlocked after three minutes.

Potential Causes
Verify the shipping system including shipping bolts, spacers and cables are removed.
Check wire harness connections between the Drive Motor and the Motor Control Unit (MCU),

and between the MCU and the Central Control Unit (CCU).
Check the Drive Motor.
Check the MCU.

http://appliantology...0sw-tech-sheet/

WFW9400

F28

SERIAL COMMUNICATION ERROR COMMUNICATION
The communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent correctly.

Possible Causes/Procedure
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check wire harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and Central Control Unit (CCU).
– Check connections of the CCU board within the housing.
– Make sure all grounding switches are engaged.
3. Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.
4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any cycle.
6. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor.
7. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.
8. Check that the serial harness at the MCU is not mounted upside down.

The wires should be to the left when facing the MCU connectors.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Dorothy Stankavage

Dorothy Stankavage

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:46 AM

He3T found a loose wire on the motor, I thought that was the solution. Washer ran a drain spin with no clothes in it after reconnecting wire. However, washer only turning easily counter clockwise. When turning to the right it either jerks very slowly or sounds like it is rubbing against something and does not turn at all. With even a small amount of clothing in it, washer does not turn clockwise at all, makes a sound like a sneaker being rubbed across the floor.

Could there be something jammed between the drum and basket? I took the black hose from the bottom of the drum off, did not see much in there but some string and lint. I could not see very well. How does all that come apart? The back comes off, there are what look like shock absorbers that need to be disconnected, the big wheel on the back of the basket comes off and there are clips that hold the drum pieces together that come off? Then the basket and drum should come out? What am I missing? There is a youtube video that shows how to take it apart, but it is hard to watch that and work at the same time.

#4 Dorothy Stankavage

Dorothy Stankavage

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

1. Found the insole of a sneaker jammed between the back of the basket and the tub. The bearings did not look worn, I did not check the spider. Washer is working now!

2 year old Whirlpool Duet washer, the repair person will be here Thursday. I will call Costco to see if they will take it back if it ends up being a control board. My old Kenmore has never needed the control board replaced, only the water inlet (replaced once) and the pump (replaced twice).

#5 Dorothy Stankavage

Dorothy Stankavage

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

Dangit,now getting an f h error.Ran the diagnostic test. When it got to the c08 and started high speed spin, sounded like a jet engine. Does this mean the bearings are bad? or do I need to take it apart again and check the spider? I do not have the money to spend $700 for repair parts or buy a new one right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics