Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Washer 110.26912691 issues

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 moofish75

moofish75

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:20 PM

Hello all.  Thought I'd try to fix it myself before I called a repair service.  Kenmore 110.26912691.

Here's the issues.  6 year old washer usually works just fine, but causes heart ache other times. 

1.  Sometimes the washer will fill with water and not agitate.  My wife or I try pushing in the timer knob and pulling it out in random spots, and that seems to correct the problem after some painful trial and error.

2.  Sometimes the washer makes it through the cycle until the spin is supposed to happen, and the spin never occurs and the tub is still full of water.  Again, messing with the knob in random spots fixes this.  To be quite honest, the timer may be just reaching the spin cycle point and just sitting there.  Not sure with this one. 

3.  Sometimes when the spin cycle engages, it starts out with a click, click, click,click sound.  Once the rpm's pickup, the sound goes away. 

All of these symptoms are random.  Sometimes it works just fine w/o incident. 

Any help would be appreciated.  I would like to think that I could do this myself.  I am usually pretty handy.

Thanks from the new guy. 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PK

PK

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:31 PM

Questions. When the washer fills with water and does not agitate, do you hear the motor running or is it dead?  When it gets to the spin cycle and does not drain or spin is it dead .  The washer cannot drain or spin if the lid switch is bad.  Also some Whirlpool/Kenmore DD washers will not agitate if the lid is not closed.  I am wondering if you are bumping the washer or perhaps leaning on the lid when you are messing with the timer and causing the lid switch to make contact as it might be going bad??   Please give us more details after thinking about this and seeing if this could be a possibility.  Will address the click, click problem later, as that could be caused by a number of factors.  Pegi
"Serving North Central Texas & Southern Oklahoma Since 1978"

#3 moofish75

moofish75

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:37 PM

The washer is dead when we notice the non-agitating and non-spinning.  I have noticed in the past that the lid must be down to spin, but not agitate if that helps any.

Thanks

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,648 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:25 AM

Check the drive coupler and the motor wiring harness.

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:20 PM

Can you hear a humming sound when it is "dead"?  You could have a transmission going out, binding the motor, you could have timer with bad contacts, and you could have a wiring harness issue, not making good contact somewhere down at the motor or up at the timer block.  Sound like you are not getting power to the motor perhaps. But the click sound could be indications of a transmission going bad.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#6 moofish75

moofish75

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:57 PM

The drive coupler has gone bad.  I took the washer apart in haste and saw a pile of rubber shreds on the floor.  I took the motor off, and wallah, the center rubber piece of the drive coupler is shot.  I hope that this is the only problem.  Now to put it back together..........ummmmm, yeah, that could prove to be challenging.  I'll get it though.  Nothing a few beers wont fix.  Thanks all for all the advise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics